What's your "Bump in the Night" weapon?

lonewolf247

I honestly don't even lock my doors even when I am not home. I leave the truck key in the ignition.

I'm not sure if this is serious or sarcastic? It brings back memories of my childhood though. We never locked the doors, even when on vacation, or took the keys out of any of our vehicles though.

One particular memory always makes me laugh. We were on vacation, for the week. One of my dad's friends, was riding in a car with another friend. They were passing by our house, and the passenger told the other friend, to pull into my dad's driveway. The driver said, "no they're not home, they're on vacation all week".

He said, yeah they don't lock their house, and I need to make a quick phone call. This was way before cell phones obviously. The driver said no, but the other friend insisted. He was not a really close friend either, but he was crazy like that. So they pulled in, and about 15 minutes later he came out, after making his call.

A month or so later, the driver told my dad the story. and we all laughed. Unfortunately, it's hard to live that way these days.....

lonewolf247

^

Yeah, I miss those days. I still live in the country, just have a lot more to lose these days, and don't trust the few bad apples out there.

I had a joy rider, temporarily steal my parents car from my girlfriend's house one night when I left the keys in it. I went outside to go home and the car was gone! Later the thief brought it back, unharmed.

I also had a 4-wheeler and trailer, stolen from being hitched to my truck overnight, in my yard. Luckily it was recovered! Since then, just don't chance it. I lock things up.

I don't sleep with a gun under my pillow, but I have a few in the house, if I should need one.

Dub

Under the dresser resides a Glock 21 with a Nightstick TWM350 weapon light installed, and an extra magazine.

Under the dresser because it's out of arms reach while in bed. Used to keep a gun on the nightstand, until I once woke up from a bad police dream with pistol in hand.

That'll scare ya...

Bought a 'Retta/Wilson Combat M92G Brigadier for my nightstand gun. My wife really liked how it handled...she could work the slide and has zero issues with running the trigger. We bought the shorter WC M92G Centurion for her with the ultra-thin grips.

I also put a rechargeable weapon light on her's...just a bit smaller & lighter.

Both guns handle very, very nicely. The DA pulls are smooth & light. The SA reset is fast & firm and breaks clean.

I've now gone with the same thickness grips as on my BrigTac.