Whats your favorite fishing snacks?

RamblinWreck

Just a cigar, maybe a sandwich in the cooler if an all-day trip. Some cut melon in a plastic bowl, or some cashews. I always eat a good meal before I fish.

I can't eat them vienna snausages or potted meat-like substance. I can't get past the odor. Yurz.
:sick:

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Much the same as above, but I also keep vanilla slim fasts in the cooler for the 24-36 hour surf fishing trips...

You can slam one and keep going a few hours with no sand in your teeth...

Jeepnfish

Balcony sandwich for an all day trip. Snack crackers, water, Gatorade or a coke to keep my energy up.
On vacation next week so I need to stock up. Hate to quit fishing because I'm hungry.

I like using live bait so food I dont have to handle much is a plus. Sandwich bread stains from the worm dirt on my fingers. I like rambling wrecks approach with mixing some fruit in.

LittleDrummerBoy

Lots of dietary restrictions in my 50s.

I'm eating a heart healthy, low carb, high fiber snack mix with
ALMONDS
PEANUTS
CRAISINS
OATMEAL
SUNFLOWER SEEDS
FLAX SEEDS

It tastes great, holds off the hunger, has some salt at the right time, and made my wife and doc happy when my blood tests came in this year.

I kinda drink it out of these small rubbermaid containers without touching it. Hands are never clean while fishing.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
While trout fishing, I like a mid-day tailgate lunch on the Coleman stove sometimes.

lunch3.jpg

lunch4.jpg

burger1.jpg

burger2.jpg

Whitefeather

Management Material
Smoked venison summer sausage with jalapeño pepper and cheese infused on crackers with mustard. My buddy in Indiana has it made up there. It’s the best.

Smoked venison summer sausage with jalapeño pepper and cheese infused on crackers with mustard. My buddy in Indiana has it made up there. It’s the best.
I put up wind turbines in the midwest and fell in love with all the summer sausages the locals ate. The weather was cool enough the guys would put a block of cheese, summer sausage and a roll of crackers in their lunch box and eat it all week. In Georgia my local grocery store has one or two types of summer sausage. The Hy Vee in Iowa had an entire isle of different sausages.