What's your oldest hunting license in GA?

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
It's not mine by far! But my Dad got his 1st hunting license after Vietnam in 71. But he's from "West By God Virginia". Drafted to Vietnam and his 1st Hunting License was here in GA back in 71. 1 Tag. He didnt get his deer that year. Age 22... I'm 44 now.

I thought this was pretty cool!

And some of you worry about shooting a doe!
7BF61E7D-1F1C-4AB9-B1A2-BF03D84F2FCE.png

buckpasser

My first required license season would have been 1999. I have no photographic evidence as I’ve always had a lifetime license. Thanks Daddy!

Sixes

Great document!

Those deer stocked in 1974 in Cherokee county on Little River were released on corp property that bordered our family land. My Dad assisted the DNR with the stocking. I still have the newspaper article from the time of the stocking with a group picture.

There were still very few deer in the area up until around the early to mid 90s and the population boomed. There is no telling how many descendants of that stocking that I have killed over the years.

I need to try and find that article.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Great document!

Those deer stocked in 1974 in Cherokee county on Little River were released on corp property that bordered our family land. My Dad assisted the DNR with the stocking. I still have the newspaper article from the time of the stocking with a group picture.

There were still very few deer in the area up until around the early to mid 90s and the population boomed. There is no telling how many descendants of that stocking that I have killed over the years.

I need to try and find that article.
Would love to see it!

Good stuff!

reelmn

Man i wish i had kept all my hunting license over the years from the states i hunted in. I got my GA license in 82 - 83 I was out of state and my dad was not hunting with me so i had to buy my own

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
It's not mine by far! But my Dad got his 1st hunting license after Vietnam in 71. But he's from "West By God Virginia". Drafted to Vietnam and his 1st Hunting License was here in GA back in 71. 1 Tag. He didnt get his deer that year. Age 22... I'm 44 now.

I thought this was pretty cool!

And some of you worry about shooting a doe!
View attachment 1106633

I remember license looked like that. 1971 was the first season I had to buy a license. I turned 16 that spring. I didn’t save mine like your Dad did.
But I know mine still had the tag attached too because I didn’t get my first deer until 1973.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I had some of Daddy`s old ones, some real old Georgia hunting regulations, and some of my old licenses at one time. They all disappeared?

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Dick Wittington(Mr. Whit) is one of H22's dads best friend. We sat with him and his sweet wife a couple of years ago at a wedding and reception. Great folks. He spent a lot of time on the plantation H22 grew up on. H22's dad recently gave H22 a journal of every deer hunt he logged while living on the plantation. Great stuff. Some of the journals even mention little H22 tagging along.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
My first license purchase was in 1976 at age 16. Now I did have honorary deer tags (2 buck tags) prior to that for underage kids in 1972.

johnnyk2000

Sure wish I would have saved mine all these years. Got my first license in 1986. I did come across mine from 1996 from Michigan that still had the huge pin attached to the case where you had to place it on the back of my outwear top
Oh, Disregard, you did say GA. First time I was stationed at Stewart in 2001. 3 days after I arrived

Last edited:
Landed at the Savannah airport in August 78
Stationed at Fort Stewart.
The next week I bought my first Georgia License and now they gave me a lifetime License several years ago.

I have my great grandfather’s hunting and fishing license for the late 50’s or very early 60’s. He was born in 1896 and passed away before I was born. I started hunting in the mid 80’s and remember having paper tags then.

Attachments

• 0D3A61EA-B0DA-46A6-8A8F-C58438111132.jpeg
    0D3A61EA-B0DA-46A6-8A8F-C58438111132.jpeg
    286.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 10BB750E-41E9-43CF-8435-6D248E6ADFF5.jpeg
    10BB750E-41E9-43CF-8435-6D248E6ADFF5.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 16

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Good stuff.
The person filling it out by hand did a typo. Look at the year of birth.