When Did You Plant Food Plots in 2020? (North Georgia | Wilkes County)

When did you plant your fall plots?

• I'm winging it until November...so I can be ready for next season!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tight Lines

I'm curious, especially for those of you up around the middle to northern part of the state, when did you plant your plots this year?

When did you lime them?

I'm in Wilkes County and limed in June (when it was finally dry enough for the ag truck) and planted October 3rd (mostly a factor of weather/time vs. choice).

I've heard from some folks that they still don't have their plots in on their leases...isn't it like REALLY late at this point? What say you GON?

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
I'm curious, especially for those of you up around the middle to northern part of the state, when did you plant your plots this year?

When did you lime them?

I'm in Wilkes County and limed in June (when it was finally dry enough for the ag truck) and planted October 3rd (mostly a factor of weather/time vs. choice).

I've heard from some folks that they still don't have their plots in on their leases...isn't it like REALLY late at this point? What say you GON?

Who limed for you in Wilkes County.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Labor Day weekend in SC right across the lake from Lincoln Co, Ga. Lucked out and got some good rain and they're growing good.

Tight Lines

Yes that one..Smith Farm Supply Washington...they have a guy that does lime, fertilizer, seed...I just got the lime...

deermaster13

These 2 were done the 19 of September. I had to do a little early. I put 200lbs of nitrogen on them a few minutes ago so pray for more rain. I got another tract done and it looks good as well. Deer not hammering it too much as I'm covered in white oaks. Wilkes county

Attachments

• IMG_20201028_190824.jpg
    IMG_20201028_190824.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20201028_190849.jpg
    IMG_20201028_190849.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20201028_193812.jpg
    IMG_20201028_193812.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited: