When He Answers

ssramage

I've seen God come through in some big ways all throughout my life. I never deserve it but he always seems to show me his faithfulness.

Recently I have been pretty defeated. The stresses of my job have been mounting and I just have not been in a good place. Honestly for the 1st time in my life I felt alone, worried, and like my back was against a wall. In the back of my mind I knew that any outcome, or any decision could have HUGE consequences for my family and a lot of other families for the people I'm responsible for at work. For a while I've carried that burden (alone) and have let it drag me down further than I can remember.

The worry woke me up early again this morning, much like it has a lot of other recent mornings. For the first time in a long time, I grabbed my Bible and hit my knees. Alone in the living room, in the dark, I asked God to give me a glimpse of hope...give me some direction...just let me know your presence to let me know it's going to be ok.

This afternoon, we got timely news on some new business that we've been pursuing for the last year and it will totally change our near term and possibly our long term future. The faithfulness of God literally gave me chill bumps. It never ceases to amaze me how he shows up. While this may not fix everything overnight, and we've got some hurdles short term remaining to be dealt with, I can now sleep easier knowing that my God is in control and he's there even when I may feel alone.

Thanks for letting me share. I don't share much in this area of the forum, but I felt led to post it here, hoping someone may read it and take comfort in my story.

j_seph

The bible says draw nigh to him and he will draw nigh to you.

cj580guitar

I know how you feel. I’m in a similar situation at work also. The stress and anxiety have been more than I can handle this year. I’ve been praying for peace but it hasn’t happened yet. I know it’s all in God’s time not mine. Glad to hear he showed you what you were asking for.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
About 15 years ago I was at the worse point in my career. I'd gone from a position that I loved to a demotion & position that I was absolutely miserable in, through no fault of my own.

After finally putting the bitterness behind me I realized that I needed to find peace in the position I was in & began praying for peace. Not change, but peace in the situation I was in.
God answered my prayers & I realized one day that I was at peace. Very shortly thereafter I was moved to a position I loved & promotions followed. God is so good.
His Grace is always sufficient.