Where Are The Dead

You tell me, I just go by the Bible and the Scripture ! I believe What God has show me, what other people believe, whether they are wrong or right they will give account for it not I, I will only give it for my doing's, people need to take the Word of God as it is !
I agree but you left the Word of God on this one with a universal belief from pagans as pointing a conclusion to the Word of God.

If the soul lives on as some believe
Then what is the purpose of the resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous?
Why did Mary say….. speaking of her good brother and friend of Jesus:

“Lord I know he will rise on the last day”
Where is Righteous Lazuraus? Where is his soul if he is in grace awaiting on last day?

It is a know fact that many Greek teachings and beliefs has infiltrated christian religion. It is easily researched.

Plato had a deep interest in life after death.

The book Body and Soul in Ancient Philosophy says that “the immortality of the soul is one of Plato’s favourite topics.”

He was firmly convinced that “the soul outlives its present incarnation, to be duly rewarded or punished” in the afterlife, based on how the person lived while on earth.
God in Eden simply said you will positively die.
Ez 18:4,20 shows soul that sins, dies. again, Ecc 9:5-10 and Ps 146:3-4 simply and accurately show condutuon of dead.

Thread starter #103
If the soul lives on as some believe
Then what is the purpose of the resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous?
Why did Mary say….. speaking of her good brother and friend of Jesus:

“Lord I know he will rise on the last day”
Where is Righteous Lazuraus? Where is his soul if he is in grace awaiting on last day?

It is a know fact that many Greek teachings and beliefs has infiltrated christian religion. It is easily researched.

Plato had a deep interest in life after death.

The book Body and Soul in Ancient Philosophy says that “the immortality of the soul is one of Plato’s favourite topics.”

He was firmly convinced that “the soul outlives its present incarnation, to be duly rewarded or punished” in the afterlife, based on how the person lived while on earth.
God in Eden simply said you will positively die.
Ez 18:4,20 shows soul that sins, dies. again, Ecc 9:5-10 and Ps 146:3-4 simply and accurately show condutuon of dead.
So you believe and are saying God and Jesus Christ have no soul either?

Paradise: It was into this prison that the penitent thief (his soul ) and Christ went the day they died (body being dead) ( Lk. 23:43 ). That it is located in the heart and lower parts of the Earth is clear from Matt. 12:40; Eph. 4:7-11. Christ not only went into this prison but but He also went into Tartarus and preached to the angels. In fact, He conquered death, He11 and the grave during His crucifixion and during the three days ( out of the body ) He was in the underworld. ( Not in the Tomb ). So tell me how the penitent thief that was dead? ( go with Christ being dead ? ) and how did Christ go? ( His body being dead in the tomb ? ) He captured all the righteous souls that were in paradise ( not the grave ) and took them to Heaven when He ascended on high EPH. 4:7-11 ).

Last edited:
“The man came to be a living soul.” GENESIS 2:7. Not that he has one.

The account of the creation of man states that God formed man from the dust of the ground and proceeded to “blow (form of na·phachʹ) into his nostrils the breath (form of nesha·mahʹ) of life, and the man came to be a living soul neʹphesh).”
Neʹphesh can be translated literally as “a breather,” that is, “a breathing creature,” either human or animal

The account does not say that God implanted in man an immortal soul. It says that when God’s power energized Adam’s body, he “came to be a living soul.” So man is a soul. He does not have a soul.

Jesus was God’s first born of creation (Col 1:15) and came to earth as a perfect man (flesh and blood) and thus a living soul, just like any other Human created.
When he died, he his body/soul/being was dead in grave for 3 days…otherwise if something lived on…what benefit would the ransom be if in fact he did not Die, completely?

Most importantly, what is the purpose of the Resurrection, that Jesus talked about, believed in, and so did his apostles, disciples, IF in fact something lives on after death? Immortality of the soul, contradicts the teachings of the Bible.

Regarding the soul, The Bible says that the soul can work, crave food, eat, obey laws, and touch a dead body, Leviticus 5:2, 7;20; 23;30, Deuteronomy 12;20, Romans 13:1, These activities involve the entire person

Again, the bible teaches that the soul can die. Dozens of Bible verses refer to the soul as being mortal. Here are some examples:
  • “The soul that sinneth, it shall die.” Exekiel 18;4 20, King James Version.
  • In ancient Israel, the punishment for the most serious offenses was that the “soul shall be cut off.” (Exodus 12;15, 19; Leviticus 7:20, 21, 27, 19:8, King James Version) The person would “be put to death.” Exodus 31:14, King James Version.
  • After a person dies, the literal term “dead soul” is used for the corpse in some Bible verses; Leviticus 21:11, Numbers 6:6. Although many Bible translations use the terms “dead body” or “dead person” in those verses, the original Hebrew uses the word neʹphesh, or “soul.” Showing that in fact the soul dies.
The real question is where did this belief come from that the soul lives on? Of course it was fueled by Satan, who told Eve; you positively will NOT die…then when man started to die, these false beliefs abounded.

The belief in an immortal soul can be traced from ancient Assyro-Babylonian myths through Egyptian, Greek, and Roman mythology to today’s world religions, where it has become an underlying tenet in their theology.

It was also very prevalent teaching in Jesus day, with many other false religions of his time. One of the reasons Jesus waited 4 days to resurrect Lazarus (interesting read on that as to why).

Thread starter #105
“The man came to be a living soul.” GENESIS 2:7. Not that he has one.

The account of the creation of man states that God formed man from the dust of the ground and proceeded to “blow (form of na·phachʹ) into his nostrils the breath (form of nesha·mahʹ) of life, and the man came to be a living soul neʹphesh).”
Neʹphesh can be translated literally as “a breather,” that is, “a breathing creature,” either human or animal

The account does not say that God implanted in man an immortal soul. It says that when God’s power energized Adam’s body, he “came to be a living soul.” So man is a soul. He does not have a soul.

Jesus was God’s first born of creation (Col 1:15) and came to earth as a perfect man (flesh and blood) and thus a living soul, just like any other Human created.
When he died, he his body/soul/being was dead in grave for 3 days…otherwise if something lived on…what benefit would the ransom be if in fact he did not Die, completely?

Most importantly, what is the purpose of the Resurrection, that Jesus talked about, believed in, and so did his apostles, disciples, IF in fact something lives on after death? Immortality of the soul, contradicts the teachings of the Bible.

Regarding the soul, The Bible says that the soul can work, crave food, eat, obey laws, and touch a dead body, Leviticus 5:2, 7;20; 23;30, Deuteronomy 12;20, Romans 13:1, These activities involve the entire person

Again, the bible teaches that the soul can die. Dozens of Bible verses refer to the soul as being mortal. Here are some examples:
  • “The soul that sinneth, it shall die.” Exekiel 18;4 20, King James Version.
  • In ancient Israel, the punishment for the most serious offenses was that the “soul shall be cut off.” (Exodus 12;15, 19; Leviticus 7:20, 21, 27, 19:8, King James Version) The person would “be put to death.” Exodus 31:14, King James Version.
  • After a person dies, the literal term “dead soul” is used for the corpse in some Bible verses; Leviticus 21:11, Numbers 6:6. Although many Bible translations use the terms “dead body” or “dead person” in those verses, the original Hebrew uses the word neʹphesh, or “soul.” Showing that in fact the soul dies.
The real question is where did this belief come from that the soul lives on? Of course it was fueled by Satan, who told Eve; you positively will NOT die…then when man started to die, these false beliefs abounded.

The belief in an immortal soul can be traced from ancient Assyro-Babylonian myths through Egyptian, Greek, and Roman mythology to today’s world religions, where it has become an underlying tenet in their theology.

It was also very prevalent teaching in Jesus day, with many other false religions of his time. One of the reasons Jesus waited 4 days to resurrect Lazarus (interesting read on that as to why).
I see you didn't answer the question about God or Jesus having a Soul. Nor did you say how the thief went with Christ if his body and soul were supposed to been in the grave as you say a sleep.

Anyone who wants to know more on this subject read my thread on Physical death and the Intermediate state, it will back this thread up.

Last edited:
Jesus was a living being, soul while on earth and completely died and in grave 3 days
On earth he was the resurrected Jesus in spirit form, and materialized to show proof that he had been raised

later in heaven he and god are both spirits. do spirits have souls? Not if immortal. Spirit creatures are not flesh and blood.
we know his body did not ascend to heaven as he said: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom.

jesus told the repented evil doer
Truly I tell u today… u will be with me in paradise. That was NOT that day.

If Jesus in the grave 3 days, and dead, then he lied to the evil doer OR Jesus meant his earthly paradise on the last day, ressurection day!
And the evil doer would be raised to a paradise….. Jesus did not say Heaven…. paradise: Ps 37, Isa, Revelation and more show it is earth.

Man did not change gods purpose for the earth nor mankind’s living forever here in a paradise. He did Not move mankind’s location.

now you have not answered my question: what is the purpose of the resurrection IF soul immortal and something leaves the body to go somewhere….?
who is resurrected?

Also, IF Jesus did not die, literally and physically…. Then we r not saved from Adamic sin? Romans 5 12 shows why we die: inherited sin!
He was a propitiatory sacrifice. Equal… and that is what was needed. If he lived on his soul, in those 3 days then it was not an equal ransom

Thread starter #108
Also, IF Jesus did not die, literally and physically…. Then we r not saved from Adamic sin? Romans 5 12 shows why we die: inherited sin!
He was a propitiatory sacrifice. Equal… and that is what was needed. If he lived on his soul, in those 3 days then it was not an equal ransom
You still have not answer the question did God and Jesus have a soul, also was it not the thief's last day as Lazarus last day as you said it can't be both ways. also Jesus had not risen yet he had not been seen, He was to be risen in three days this was before !

Jesus had was a fleshy being, soul as human on earth
As a spirit creature now, Jesus and god do not as they are not “breathing” as The meaning of soul.

last day? no it is a future event and the scripture confirm it.

to prove that… Lazarus was already dead when Mary told Jesus that….” Lord I know he will rise on the last day”

Bible shows that the Ressurection day is the last day.

And Lazarus had been dead 4 days…. So if ur point true… his last day was 4 days before

So the last day, resurrection day is in future
Jesus said that in Matt
“the hour is coming when ALL those in memorial tombs will hear my voice and come out… “

so if ur point is true…. Where are all the souls then

And if raised after death…. who are ALL that Jesus said were in memorial tombs?

Thread starter #110
As a spirit creature now, Jesus and god do not as they are not “breathing” as The meaning of soul.

to prove that… Lazarus was already dead when Mary told Jesus that….” Lord I know he will rise on the last day”

And Lazarus had been dead 4 days…. So if ur point true… his last day was 4 days before

Jesus said that in Matt
“the hour is coming when ALL those in memorial tombs will hear my voice and come out… “

God has a soul and Jesus has a soul, How did God put a soul in man if He does not have one His self ?
How did they leave the grave and tomb and go into paradise ?
I would like for you to give me some Bible Scripture on it not what any other book says, or what someone has said, how they went to Paradise being in the grave?

Last edited:
The use of SOUL in scriptures is the rendering of the Hebrew word neʹphesh and the Greek word psy·kheʹ.

Looking closely at the way these terms are used in bible and their meaning, it becomes evident that they basically refer to (1) people, (2) animals, or (3) the life that a person or an animal has.
No reference that spirit creatures has a soul.

See Gen 1:20, 2:7, Numbers 31:18, 1Pet 3:20

In contrast to the way that the term “soul” is used in many religious contexts, the Bible shows that both neʹphesh and psy·kheʹ, in connection with earthly creatures, refer to that which is material, tangible, visible, and mortal.

Thread starter #112
The use of SOUL in scriptures is the rendering of the Hebrew word neʹphesh and the Greek word psy·kheʹ.

Looking closely at the way these terms are used in bible and their meaning, it becomes evident that they basically refer to (1) people, (2) animals, or (3) the life that a person or an animal has.

In contrast to the way that the term “soul” is used in many religious contexts, the Bible shows that both neʹphesh and psy·kheʹ, in connection with earthly creatures, refer to that which is material, tangible, visible, and mortal.
I have and that is not the meaning of what a soul is or spirit !

I understand that and there are many misunderstandings on the soul, original word and what they mean.

Interestingly and i have shared this before, that many of these beliefs, ideas have infiltrated modern religion today from Greek Mythology, Aristotle, Egyptians, and many more. Research the origin of immortality of the soul.

The Bible is very clear on this: u will positively die… meaning the whole body

Soul dies, dead condition and the need and teaching of a resurrection day.

The connotations that the English “soul” commonly carries in the minds of most persons are not in agreement with the meaning of the Hebrew and Greek words as used by the inspired Bible writers.

Just one of many articles on this fact

This fact that the soul is immortal has steadily gained wider acknowledgment.

H. M. Orlinsky of Hebrew Union College, stated that the word “soul” had been virtually eliminated from their translatiation because, “the Hebrew word in question here is ‘Nefesh.’”

He added: “Other translators have interpreted it to mean ‘soul,’ which is completely inaccurate.

The Bible does not say we have a soul. ‘Nefesh’ is the person himself, his need for food, the very blood in his veins, his being.”—The New York Times, October 12, 1962.

Madman

I understand that and there are many misunderstandings on the soul, original word and what they mean.

Interestingly and i have shared this before, that many of these beliefs, ideas have infiltrated modern religion today from Greek Mythology, Aristotle, Egyptians, and many more. Research the origin of immortality of the soul.

The Bible is very clear on this: u will positively die… meaning the whole body

Soul dies, dead condition and the need and teaching of a resurrection day.

The connotations that the English “soul” commonly carries in the minds of most persons are not in agreement with the meaning of the Hebrew and Greek words as used by the inspired Bible writers.

Just one of many articles on this fact

This fact that the soul is immortal has steadily gained wider acknowledgment.

H. M. Orlinsky of Hebrew Union College, stated that the word “soul” had been virtually eliminated from their translatiation because, “the Hebrew word in question here is ‘Nefesh.’”

He added: “Other translators have interpreted it to mean ‘soul,’ which is completely inaccurate.

The Bible does not say we have a soul. ‘Nefesh’ is the person himself, his need for food, the very blood in his veins, his being.”—The New York Times, October 12, 1962.
Matthew 10:28

Yes and that is an outstanding scripture, fo all to realize he can provide ultimate death with no resurrection

Regarding this text, The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology (edited by C. Brown, 1978, Vol. 3, p. 304) states:
“Matt 10:28” teaches not the potential immortality of the soul but the irreversibility of divine judgment on the unrepentant.”

Also, Bauer’s Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament (revised by F. W. Gingrich and F. Danker, 1979, p. 95) gives the meaning “eternal death” with reference to the Greek phrase in Matt 10:28 translated
“destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.”

Thus, being consigned to Gehenna refers to utter destruction from which no resurrection is possible

Jesus said that in Matt

How can Jesus be a just a spirit being? He resurrected and ascended as a soul (Human body existence.) Isn't he a living soul since his resurrection?

Last edited:
Some believe we had a pre-mortal existence in the spirit world. In other words we existed before we were born humans.

Is there any scripture that leads to this belief? I would like Bible scripture on this, not another book.

What parts make up a human, is it all flesh? I guess if soul is breath then that really is a part of flesh. Our mind is really our brain which is also flesh. What other part does a human have other than flesh?

Spirit? Does fleshy man have a spirit? Something that's not flesh? How can man(soul) have a spirit but a spirit can't have a soul?

There must be a lot of scriptures translated wrong if soul is nothing more than breath. Even when God gave it to Adam, I thought it meant life. That God gave Adam life. I'm OK with that being the beginning of Adam's existence but it was more than CPR.