Where to buy Blackhorn 209 powder

Darkhorse

Never underestimate the killing capability of the good old roundball. Roundballs are all I've ever used for hunting and I've done quite well over the past 35 years. And you don't need near the powder charge most of us use. My old loads were 110 to 120 grains of 2fg pushing a 225 grain patched roundball in my .54 rifles.
A few years ago I tried a lower powder charge for deer. I used 70 grains 3fg pushing the same 225 to 230 patched roundball. The first deer that year was an 8 point at 30 yards. The shot hit right behind the shoulder, exited the deer, and he only ran less than 50 yards. The second shot that year was a doe at 65 yards. The ball hit a little higher and missed the heart but still exited the animal. She ran less than 100 yards.
For most of us hunting at typical Georgia terrain and yardages the lower powder charges work well. But for the longer shots I think the charge should be cranked up a little. For years my load was 85 grains of 3fg, never needed more, and 85 grains was plenty.

RomeWolf

If a Wal-Mart carries muzzleloaders or muzzleloading supplies, they'll have BH 209. Closest ones to LaGrange that carry it are in Columbus, Carrollton, and Phenix City. $36 per 10 oz bottle

buttplate

I shoot Blackhorn 209 and am very happy with the results. I am in need of a couple hundred primers CCI 209M and Federal 209A.

This shot was 90gr BH209 pushing 295gr powerboat at 100yds into the bottom of a red Solo cup!!!!20191025_170304.jpg

buttplate

I still need some CCI 209M primers. If anyone has some to spare please shoot me an email @ my84evo@aol.com.

Thanks in advance.

the Lackster

Seen blackhorn in a couple Walmarts here recently at $36 a pop. Dang good price.