Where Were You Back 46 Years Ago Today......January 9, 1973 ???

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I was a youngun, but I remember My Diddi made some kinda fixture for Mama to cook in the fireplace with a Dutch oven pot. Mama kept the fire stoked all night long for several days. H22's mama was a nurse at the hospital and the ambulance came and got her. She was GON for a while.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I was on the UGA campus somewhere. I'm pretty sure I got drunk that day.:bounce:

GeorgiaBob

I was at Pensacola enjoying the kind attentions of loving and gentle flight trainers. I am pretty sure I was entirely oblivious to anything and everything happening anywhere else!

LTZ25

I had been married for 2 years and called wife at RR downtown to tell her to go home at about 12;30 , it was to lake she got caught up in traffic on hill on flat shoals rd , I back tracked in my lifted Jimmy and found her , there where no cell phones in those days .

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
It wasn’t all serious, had a Honda 450 and 66 Cyclone GT to get me around faster than I should have. :bounce: When I wasn’t on duty it was hunting, fishing or chasing gals like anyone else that age. :bounce:

little rascal

I was 8 and remember icicles 4ft. long hanging off the house. Pine tree trunks looked like they were covered in 2" of polyurethane. Driveway and roads were covered in 3-4" of clear solid ice. I don't remember how long it lasted but it was bad.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I was 8 and remember icicles 4ft. long hanging off the house. Pine tree trunks looked like they were covered in 2" of polyurethane. Driveway and roads were covered in 3-4" of clear solid ice. I don't remember how long it lasted but it was bad.
Better redo your math, you was over nine months from 8.:p

Horns

I was in the oven til June 29 of 73

Stroker

Charleston AFB, Charleston SC. Turning wrenches on C-5A's and C-141's.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I was a senior in high school. The school was closed for a week. We graduated late because of the snow week.

I had a 66 Tbird like this one with a huge engine. Those cars were built about 4 inches off the ground. It drove fine on the snow/ice.C443EB07-C452-4056-A0E9-B55BB87794A7.jpeg

Last edited:

ClemsonRangers

took the hood off one of the cars and my uncle pulled us around on it with his tractor lol

patsam

Y'all are babies (year wise). I had been working at Ga. Power for a year in 73', and when I first went to work, it was in an ice storm with a broke wrist. Slud off a flat bed trailer unloading too!