Which bow vise to buy?

DABAU

I just ordered the American archery products bow vise and one of the welds broke the first time using it. I knew I shouldn't have bought such a cheap one so now ill buy a quality one. Which one do y'all use and recommend?

1crazybowhunter

vice

I just ordered the American archery products bow vise and one of the welds broke the first time using it. I knew I shouldn't have bought such a cheap one so now ill buy a quality one. Which one do y'all use and recommend?

I bought an APPLE vice 8 years ago before I opened my business and have never had a single problem with it. They are quite expensive but when it comes to quality, you get what you pay for. Apple or Last Chance Archery's very versitle vice are the only ones I'd put my money on. If you want a great testimonial by someone who knows what they are talking about, go to Last Chance Archery's website and find the "THING A WEEK" section done by George Ryles the IV or Griv. He uses this vice and does one of his articles on it or you can see him use it by going to Youtube and putting in, Griv, thing a week bow vice. You can't go wrong with either one. Do yourself a favor and ask if whomever you choose has a scratch and dent model that they will sell on the cheap. It's not hurt and can save you some serious coin. COOP

Last edited:

DABAU

I bought an APPLE vice 8 years ago before I opened my business and have never had a single problem with it. They are quite expensive but when it comes to quality, you get what you pay for. Apple or Last Chance Archery's very versitle vice are the only ones I'd put my money on. If you want a great testimonial by someone who knows what they are talking about, go to Last Chance Archery's website and find the "THING A WEEK" section done by George Ryles the III or Griv. He uses this vice and does one of his articles on it or you can see him use it by going to Youtube and putting in, Griv, thing a week bow vice. You can't go wrong with either one. Do yourself a favor and ask if whomever you choose has a scratch and dent model that they will sell on the cheap. It's not hurt and can save you some serious coin. COOP

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check both out. Anybody have any other recommendations?

Soybean

OMP versa cradle. its expensive but I gaurantee it will be the last vise you will ever need to buy. i had a hard time justifying the cost when i got mine, then i started using it. no regrets.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 619

kiltman

I just ordered the American archery products bow vise and one of the welds broke the first time using it. I knew I shouldn't have bought such a cheap one so now ill buy a quality one

Same thing happened to mine. I have a RS bow vise now.

DABAU

Same thing happened to mine. I have a RS bow vise now.

OMP versa cradle. its expensive but I gaurantee it will be the last vise you will ever need to buy. i had a hard time justifying the cost when i got mine, then i started using it. no regrets.

Appreciate the replies guys. I'll check both out. I'm making the cheapo one work for now but would like to upgrade this summer.

Brewskis

I've also heard nothing but good about the Last Chance Archery vises, but don't have any personal experience with them. They make a less expensive model (EZ Green) which I'd be tempted to try first. However, as you might have seen in my setup/tuning thread, I've gotten along just fine so far using just a scissors-style bow stand and something padded under the bottom cam.