Which game laws have you broken

Which laws have you broken

• Hunting without orange

Votes: 265 66.4%
  • Hunting without permission (include hunting from roads, etc)

Votes: 90 22.6%
  • Hunting out of season (rifle during black powder, does on buck only, etc)

Votes: 44 11.0%
  • Killing over the bag limit

Votes: 66 16.5%
  • Hunting over bait where it is not legal

Votes: 114 28.6%
  • Killing a critter outside legal shooting hours (such as 35 minutes before sunrise)

Votes: 95 23.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 92 23.1%

• Total voters

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Aint nothing wrong in my mind about sitting in a blind/stand and enjoying an adult beverage.
I know that Ga DNR does not agree.

There was some good threads on this a while ago. PRetty sure it ain't illegal to have a cold adult beverage in the stand. I think you just can't be intoxicated. I ain't LEO though so not 100% sure.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’ve been a bad boy…..no orange at times and when we were younger , if we could gain access, we’d go fish it til we got chased off:cool:
I also used to live in a house that backed up to private orange groves, sod fields and cow pastures. You can bet we hunted back there too!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I’ve been a bad boy…..no orange at times and when we were younger , if we could gain access, we’d go fish it til we got chased off:cool:
I also used to live in a house that backed up to private orange groves, sod fields and cow pastures. You can bet we hunted back there too!

Sneakin in and fishin farmer McNasty's pond ain't illegal if you're a young un.:bounce:

SakoL61R

Not really breaking game laws, but "Oh, the horror!".

Was stationed in Panama for the better part of the 90's. Hunted black bellied whistling ducks in and around the rice fields near Pacora / Chepo, with local friends / families.
So many, the farmers practically begged us to shoot them.
Arrive mid-afternoon, shoot till dusk, break for chow. Back at it under a full / partially full moon till the wee hours. Sometimes, just under the full moon. They like to fly in and out at night.
Lead shot. No limit. Wore'em out. Once you get used to it, not that hard in the moonlight.
Quite the non-stop fiesta lunch/dinner the next day-evening after all the ladies cleaned and prepared them into various dishes.
Way too much fun! Mas cerveza, por favor....

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
There was some good threads on this a while ago. PRetty sure it ain't illegal to have a cold adult beverage in the stand. I think you just can't be intoxicated. I ain't LEO though so not 100% sure.
The way I understand it is if you have your weapons permit, you can be drunker than Billy at a Reo speedwagon concert but cant discharge said weapon unless in self defense. Hunting, you better be under .08 for the next 3 hours after discharge.....That kinda sucks.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Hunting, you better be under .08 for the next 3 hours after discharge.....That kinda sucks.

Eh, if u just don’t drive around town yelling “Woooooo” with the mega deer in your truck while drunk, I’m guessing Leo won’t never know how many beers u had before pulling the trigger. Maybe just take it back to camp n sleep off the beer n go to processor in the mornin?

Lukikus2

Up until I was 16 and had to buy a license I didn't even know there were limits. Seasons were when they were there. Had no clue about "Duck" stamps. Always figured if allowed 12 dove a day, allowed at least 60 in a days hunt for the week?

Hillbilly stalker

Boy they’d some REAL outlaws on here :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I bet they’ll end up in the same cell as the fella that pulled the tags off his mattress :bounce:

jNick

Around 8 yrs old I started driving my brother’s custom deluxe Chevy when he’d take me night huntin in the corn and soybean fields in VA so that he could shoot easier. We’d always let the deer lay for a few hours and then come back to pick it up, which I remember thinking was stupid, and I was terrified waiting to see blue lights.

Blackston

Around 8 yrs old I started driving my brother’s custom deluxe Chevy when he’d take me night huntin in the corn and soybean fields in VA so that he could shoot easier. We’d always let the deer lay for a few hours and then come back to pick it up, which I remember thinking was stupid, and I was terrified waiting to see blue lights.
Everybody knows load him when you shoot him ...at least that’s what I heard lol ?

jNick

Everybody knows load him when you shoot him ...at least that’s what I heard lol ?

I remember one night when I was 9 or so we had returned to pick up a lil buck my older brother (by 20 years) had shot. It was almost sunup and as my brother and his buddy went to throw the deer in the truck we saw headlights. I ran in the woods and my brother’s buddy dragged the deer into the woods while my brother opened up his hood and acted like his truck was broken down. Four cars slowly pulled up and it turned out to be four VA state troopers that had just left an accident. My brother hooked up whatever he had disconnected and the troopers left.

Stuff like that as a kid will make you never want to look over your shoulder as an adult.

buckpasser

Sneakin in and fishin farmer McNasty's pond ain't illegal if you're a young un.:bounce:

I grew up off Summerhill road in Thomas county. We were in a subdivision, but early on it was still like living in the real country. There was a sweet little cabin on some acreage with a beautiful pond nearby. My buddy wrote them letters each year to see if he could mow the grass for fishing permission. Heck, we didn’t even want to keep any fish, but they said no.

One spring the temptation finally won out and we jumped the fence. Bass were bedding like crazy and it was spring water clear! There was almost never a soul on the place from what we had observed, but wouldn’t you know the day we got our nerve up a truck pulled in and caught us. I ran like a deer through the bushes and briars on pure adrenaline and when I finally got out of there I looked like I had been grading wildcats. Never went back…

buckpasser

Another time and place we knocked on the door of a mansion house that had a lake on the place. The son of the old lady opened the door. He was grown but some kind of stoner bum that didn’t have much to do. He said “yeah, dude. I guess go fish it. Just ask Mom before you go again, okay, and don’t tell her I said you could go today. She’s not here right now.” We tore them up and one boy broke his line on something we just knew might be the next world record.

When we went back, Mom answered the door and her response was a “get the heck off my property, now!” Needless to say we made quite a few more trips in full camo. I bet we never caught more than half a dozen dinky little bass, and kept zero of them, but man it was fun! I can see the allure that makes people worthless poachers, because it is a rush.

Blackston

I got a buddy that has lived through the same things as me , He had just as hard time quitting poaching as he did doin dope , he’s been doin it the right way and says it’s much more rewarding ( he was pretty good at the other way this is a year worth from a long time ago DFA2C712-1413-44D4-9503-BD501A7FB9B7.jpeg

Blackston

Another time and place we knocked on the door of a mansion house that had a lake on the place. The son of the old lady opened the door. He was grown but some kind of stoner bum that didn’t have much to do. He said “yeah, dude. I guess go fish it. Just ask Mom before you go again, okay, and don’t tell her I said you could go today. She’s not here right now.” We tore them up and one boy broke his line on something we just knew might be the next world record.

When we went back, Mom answered the door and her response was a “get the heck off my property, now!” Needless to say we made quite a few more trips in full camo. I bet we never caught more than half a dozen dinky little bass, and kept zero of them, but man it was fun! I can see the allure that makes people worthless poachers, because it is a rush.