Which Lake would you pick ?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’ll go with Big Sem

ringorock

Sinclair. I've been vacationing there since I was a kid. Water is good. Fishing (per wife and kids is good), and the people surrounding the different cities around the lake make it worth while. There's no good economy around the lake, but I am location agnostic.

Kev

Use to like Oconee and sinclair. Oconee has gotten too rich. Sinclair is getting kinda crowded too. I’m starting to like Clarke hill more.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
Lake Spivey. State record for crappie. I have caught so many trophies in that lake in every species. And i can sink the boat with fish every trip if i wanted. Too bad its private and i dont have access anymore.

LTZ25

Sinclair is my favorite all around good lake/area , good community , good fishing and kinda crowded on weekends but not during the week . I live on lake about half the time and have great neighbors , if you like to fish in summer then its a Great Lake for night fishing for every thing bass, cats and crappie .

Mexican Squealer

Got a place on Oconee....definitely much busier than it used to be but I can still fill the boat with fish and catch as many giant cats and slab crappie off my dock as I care to. Wife and kids love it there too.

LittleDrummerBoy

My wife and I don't have the geographic flexibility to pick "any" lake in Georgia. If we did, we'd pick Grand Isle Louisiana, or Cameron Parish, Louisiana. Nothing in Georgia compares.

But we like the looks of Oconee and are trying to work out a move in that direction. It will be at least 20 years before the ATL sprawl hits Oconee like it has hit Lanier, and by then I'll be an old guy who can still get on the catfish in odd corners where the wakeboarders can't find me. I don't think the city slickers will figure out how to ruin a great catfish lake.

And Oconee is the finest catfish lake I have ever seen.

the Lackster

Hartwell for me. Oconee and Clark hill are undoubtedly better catfish lake but Hartwell definitely holds its own in the striper, hybrid, and bass department.
Sometimes you might even sneak up on a decent largemouth before church on Sunday morning.Screenshot_20200628-083324_Gallery.jpg

hawkeye123

Happy right where I'm on on High Falls, no skiers, jet skis or blank blank wake boarders, just a john boat & 3 kayaks, see bunch of wildlife , a bobcat in neighborhood just the other day, bald eagle recently, fishing is great, neighbors are neighborly..if money was no object probably Burton, but a shack there is 1.5..if money comes into play either Blackshear or Seminole

Kev

My wife and I don't have the geographic flexibility to pick "any" lake in Georgia. If we did, we'd pick Grand Isle Louisiana, or Cameron Parish, Louisiana. Nothing in Georgia compares.

But we like the looks of Oconee and are trying to work out a move in that direction. It will be at least 20 years before the ATL sprawl hits Oconee like it has hit Lanier, and by then I'll be an old guy who can still get on the catfish in odd corners where the wakeboarders can't find me. I don't think the city slickers will figure out how to ruin a great catfish lake.

And Oconee is the finest catfish lake I have ever seen.
City slicker have nearly ruined it already.