whirlpool top load washer leaking

tad1

Theres some sharp folks on here so help me out y'all!
I have a top loading whirlpool washer at least 10 yrs old
Its got a leak from the front bottom so I took it apart and pulled out the pump housing? plastic part. It doesn't appear to me that the hoses connecting to the pump are leaking so I think that it is somehow maybe the plastic housing.
I've attached some pictures of my disassembly.
I think I may have seen a hairline crack in the plastic assembly itself but hard to know and I cant hook up the washer and try it out with the cabinet off to know for sure because of the electrical connection/hazards.
Where can I get a part for cheap?
Help me out folks, we wash a lot of clothes with a little one runnin round!!
Also if theres another common cause of leak let me know cause there maybe something im missing.
Thanks,
JT

Attachments

• IMG_1462.jpg
    IMG_1462.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1463.jpg
    IMG_1463.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 98

MTMiller

Try this website. I also have a Whirlpool top load washing machine and it helped me fix mine.

http://www.repairclinic.com/Washing-Machine-Top-Load-Whirlpool-Style-Appliance-Diagram

The pump should be around $34 and very easy to replace.

Another common part on these to replace is the motor coupler. If yours is 10 years old and hasn't broken yet you are pretty lucky. I would go ahead and order one to put in while you do the motor to save having to break it down again. It's about $15-20.

georgia357

Just now saw your post and guess it's too late but if you need any more parts Fox Appliance on Commerce Hwy usually has any part you could need.

tad1

Thanks guys.. I may end up checking w fox appliance parts. I ordered one on amazon but sure hope it doesn't take too long arriving. It can be a racket what some folks will charge for parts!!