WHITE BASS: Everything You Need To Know PART 2

campboy

The white bass run is getting cranked up on the coosa river. Please keep your limit and be sure to take youngsters.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Just so I'm clear - cast a float rig upstream or downstream? Also white size bucktail (1/4...1/8) would you recommend in a moderate current like the little river? Thanks!
Throw upstream, let it drift and give it a few twitches while it comes down

GTMODawg

BANNED
Man, I haven't seen a "Little George" in about 30 years. ???

me neither....but apparently they still sell them. They were killers in tail races. You could throw them until you had no line left and everything in a tailrace would eat them. They are also EXCELLENT vertical jigs in the winter. Lots of BIG bass have been caught in freezing temps jigging a little george....

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
me neither....but apparently they still sell them. They were killers in tail races. You could throw them until you had no line left and everything in a tailrace would eat them. They are also EXCELLENT vertical jigs in the winter. Lots of BIG bass have been caught in freezing temps jigging a little george....
Also great baits for saltwater fishing for speckled trout, Spanish mackerel and bluefish. They still make them. Used to be able to get them at Walmart for a few bucks but you can get them for about $5 at tackle warehouse