White River - Arkansas

Can a man just launch a boat and duck hunt the white river in Arkansas similar to what we do on the Altamaha or Oconee here in Georgia?

Alexander

Fished with a trout guide out on the White this past May and he said that is how they did it, either drift hunt it or setup in a boat on the side. Now whether its legal or not I cannot rightly say but that's what he did and had pictures to back it up.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
You can as long as you have the permit for the refuge. Along with the arkansas licenses, duck stamp, all that. And be sure if you're north of Clarendon to have the cache permit too. I can't see how in the world you'd drift hunt or set up on the side of the white down that way. It's huge. Gotta get up in the cuts and find some woods. So no you'll not do very well at all trying to kill ducks "on" the white river south of 40

Alexander

You can as long as you have the permit for the refuge. Along with the arkansas licenses, duck stamp, all that. And be sure if you're north of Clarendon to have the cache permit too. I can't see how in the world you'd drift hunt or set up on the side of the white down that way. It's huge. Gotta get up in the cuts and find some woods. So no you'll not do very well at all trying to kill ducks "on" the white river south of 40

Yeah sorry i should have specified the area i was referring to. He would do this north of the White/Buffalo confluence. So yeah well above Hwy 40