Who’s putting some seed in the dirt this weekend?

Buckfever

Finished up my last one this afternoon. I forgot the fertilizer on this one ?, but I'll hit it with some as soon as it gets a couple inches tall.

sportsman94

I took yesterday off work to get my biggest plot in. Didnt make it to the field until about 11:20 and knocked off about 5pm. Would have gone a lot quicker if I had a chance to bush hog first. Had a lot of volunteer clover and radishes coming up, and couldnt bring myself to turn them under so disked strips in the field that didnt have heavy amounts of volunteer plants already. Rain moved in last night so I am hoping for the best.

bilgerat

Senior
I got mine planted sunday afternoon, the rain hit just as I finished .The nice old gentleman who cleared my land to make the food plot gave me a bunch of seeds he had left over from his garden seed business, he gave me about 5 lbs of a mix of seeds, including Kale, Chicory , mustard greens, 7 top turnips, purple top turnips, dakion radishes and spinachl, I added 100lbs of buck forage oats,10lbs of imperial white tail clover and 5 lbs of plot spike red clover/chicory mix that I already had purchased.ttime.jpg

Last edited:

davidhelmly

I got mine planted sunday afternoon, the rain hit just as I finished .The nice old gentleman who cleared my land to make the food plot gave me a bunch of seeds he had left over from his garden seed business, he gave me about 5 lbs of a mix of seeds, including Kale, Chicory , mustard greens, 7 top turnips, purple top turnips, dakion radishes and spinachl, I added 100lbs of buck forage oats,10lbs of imperial white tail clover and 5 lbs of plot spike red clover/chicory mix that I already had purchased.View attachment 1107967
That sounds like a great mix!

Elkbane

We got ours mostly done in Jones County - all 15.5 acres, on Sunday afternoon working till dark. I finished up the perennial clover overseeding Monday morning, and it started raining when I was locking the gate to leave. 5 acres of perennial clover overseeded with wheat, crimson clover, arrowleaf clover and medium red clover. 7.5 acres of annual crop land with 75 lbs drilled oats + 50 lbs of broadcast wheat, with crimson, arrowleaf, medium red and groundhog radish added. 1 acre of brassica mix +35 lbs wheat and crimson/medium red clover. about 2 acres in shady sparsely forested bottomland with 50 lbs abruzzi rye and 50 lbs of wheat/acre + crimson clover. 2 tractors and a KW mule working non-stop, but we got it done.

We probably had better prep this year than ever before. I'm looking forward to seeing the result.
Elkbane

Powerline

Finally got rain today at about 3pm! It was too late for one side of my plot. I broad cast some wheat and oats on that side Sunday trying to salvage it.

DocBar

I appreciate you selfish Georgia bastages finally blowing a few showers this way. My sand is sucking it up as fast as it can.