Who are they?

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man......

If "us" is not God the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit who is it to someone who isn't a christian?

StriperAddict

Another question...

And if God is only a "spirit", how is it we hear Him walking...

Gen 3:8 -
And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day

hmm??

SBG

God the Father. God the Son. God the Holy Spirit.:clap:

Dudley Do-Wrong

Amen, brothers and sisters

drgnhntr37

SBG said:
God the Father. God the Son. God the Holy Spirit.:clap:

This is not the us refered to in Genesis. It is part of the new testament. I see no one has tried to answer the question?:huh:

SBG

drgnhntr37 said:
I see no one has tried to answer the question?:huh:

The question was asked. The question is answered.:crazy:

Perhaps you or Kerri can let us know the answer we should all believe.:huh:

gordon 2

1."let us make man" sound like "let us define man".

2. My first and strongest interpretation is that man was made via partnership of some sort.

3. My second best interpretation is that the divine set itself in relationship with human beings and man was made.

4. The partnership is a co-creation whereby God and human beings are now inseperable and man is ever a new creation and a creator.

5. God, the father, the Son and the Holy Spirit is just a snapshot of what took place using christian lingo. But it is not item itself.

6. "Us" is u and me and God. Or u and me in the Kingdom of God. God the Father, the Son and the Holyspirit as meaning "us" is just the moaning of Chirstians??? From what I know of Zen Buddist, as an example, these words are perhaps just excess noise to define our conception of the devine??

7. Perhaps...

FESTUSHAGGIN

man had nothing to do with the creation of man. let us create man in our own image. God needs not the aide of man for anything. the us he is speakin of is the us that was born in the manger, its the us that tought on the mountain side, it is the us that bled and died for me and you and it is the us that rose from the grave to once again sit by our lord. and honestly i dont care what zen buddhists think. i am not buddhist nor do i value the opinion of anyone that is non christian. if someone has a question about my faith or my religion ill be more than happy to share it with em, but i care nothing for their beliefs.

PWalls

FESTUSHAGGIN said:
man had nothing to do with the creation of man. let us create man in our own image. God needs not the aide of man for anything. the us he is speakin of is the us that was born in the manger, its the us that tought on the mountain side, it is the us that bled and died for me and you and it is the us that rose from the grave to once again sit by our lord. and honestly i dont care what zen buddhists think. i am not buddhist nor do i value the opinion of anyone that is non christian. if someone has a question about my faith or my religion ill be more than happy to share it with em, but i care nothing for their beliefs.

Exactly.

Look at John chapter 1 verses 1-4. That is the "us".

Randy

How about Lucifer? He could have been one of "us?" he was there before man too. Surely we were not created in the image of Lucifer?

The real answer is.............you don't know. Nor do I. Nor does anybody else here on earth. As with many things in the Bible, we do not know nor will we ever know. Instead we argue with one another and cause desention between us over trivial matters. We take each word literally or interpret it as we wish. Either way neither of us has proof. To argue that another is wrong, is wrong!

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Randy said:
How about Lucifer? He could have been one of "us?" he was there before man too. Surely we were not created in the image of Lucifer?

The real answer is.............you don't know. Nor do I. Nor does anybody else here on earth. As with many things in the Bible, we do not know nor will we ever know. Instead we argue with one another and cause desention between us over trivial matters. We take each word literally or interpret it as we wish. Either way neither of us has proof. To argue that another is wrong, is wrong!

Proof is in the Bible Randy, there are three that bear record in heaven, these three are one. There is the us.

Randy

Chrisw said:
Proof is in the Bible Randy, there are three that bear record in heaven, these three are one. There is the us.
What about the other angels in Heaven at the time?

SBG

Randy said:

Randy, your argument is wrong because your premise is wrong. Lucifer was an angel. Angels were not created in the image of God. ;)

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Randy said:
What about the other angels in Heaven at the time?

See post 16

Randy

SBG said:
Randy, your argument is wrong because your premise is wrong. Lucifer was an angel. Angels were not created in the image of God. ;)

So where did angels come from?

SBG

Randy said:
So where did angels come from?

They were created by God, but not in the image of God.