Who can Marry?

270 guy

Banned
Again I ask at what point did the disease and birth defects come about because of incest? After the flood there was incest or the population as we know it wouldn't exist. when did it stop being considered incest or having sex with your kin folks?

christianhunter

Base on ;You must never have sexual relations with a close relative, for I am the Lord. (NLT) Lev. 18:6

A First Cousin we call "Brother Cousin" in Hebrew, Since there are other laws which regulate when a brother has to take his brother's wife in case he dies and raise the children as his own, First cousins are also Called Brothers, (Chayin)so Marriage was forbidden based on these grounds.

Jews are well known for taking Cousins as wives , today Medical research blames the many diseases found in the Jewish Population due to these marriages.
Recent genetic research in Israel has shed the light on First Cousin Genes which shows first cousins are sometimes almost Identical Genetically as brothers.:type:

http://www.victorcenters.org/Faqs/faq.cfm

Thank you Brother,for your imput.I will stay off of this one now.People will argue and debate,and I think this is sickening.Anyone who will marry their 1st or 2nd cousin,in my opinion,would probably fool around with their Brother or Sister.If it weren't against The Laws of GOD,why all of the many problems that arise from it.I love my 1st cousins in the same way as I love my Brother and Sisters,maybe not as deeply,but very close behind.I really find this topic a sickening reality,of the way peoples minds work.Apparently we can throw some Christians in this as well.I'm really disappointed with several people now,and this is why I haven't been frequently visiting this forum as of late.Maybe I have overstayed my fellowship with some who post here.This is a disgrace,IMO,and I promise I will not post here on this thread,or read any more responses.I could really care less,I'm appalled!!!
Our Brother Lowjack knows the language,take heed,and forget your opinions.Thanks again my Jewish Brother!

jason4445

NC Hillbilly - I have been into genealogy for years and never heard the term double first cousins. I am interested in what a double first cousin is.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Brother Lowjack,

Scripturally speaking, and based upon what you would find in Lev. 18:6-17 would you say it is a sin against God for a person to marry his or her cousin?

And scripturally speaking, where's the cut off? 2nd cousins, 3rd, 4th, 5th?

gordon 2

So, scripturally it was okay, but now it isn't?

Forbidden marriages.
Between mother and son. (Note that sexual relations between father and daughter are prohibited by Lev. 18:6 and 21:2-3) Leviticus 18:7-8
With stepchildren. Leviticus 18:8, 17
With an aunt. Leviticus 18:12-14
With sister or half-sister. Leviticus 18:9; Deut. 27:22
With half-sister and stepsisters. Leviticus 18:11
With daughter-in-law. Leviticus 18:15
With your sister-in-law. Leviticus 18:16
With your granddaughter. Leviticus 18:10
With your step-granddaughter. Leviticus 18:17

What I note here is not so much the implication of sexual immorality, although there is the potential, but the implication for social collapse.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
NC Hillbilly - I have been into genealogy for years and never heard the term double first cousins. I am interested in what a double first cousin is.

An example of double cousins: say two Smith brothers marry two Jones sisters. Or A Smith brother and sister marry a Jones brother and sister. Their kids would be double first cousins, because they are first cousins on both their mother's and father's side. Fairly common around here, as at one time people had large families, and often there were a couple unrelated families in the same area who had a bunch of kids roughly the same age. So you would often have Bill Smith marry Wilma Jones, and Bill's sister Louise might marry Wilma's older brother Fred, for example.

thedeacon

An example of double cousins: say two Smith brothers marry two Jones sisters. Or A Smith brother and sister marry a Jones brother and sister. Their kids would be double first cousins, because they are first cousins on both their mother's and father's side. Fairly common around here, as at one time people had large families, and often there were a couple unrelated families in the same area who had a bunch of kids roughly the same age. So you would often have Bill Smith marry Wilma Jones, and Bill's sister Louise might marry Wilma's older brother Fred, for example.

My Granfather and his Brother married sisters.
double first cousins

Has some one done a study on the stupid people in today's society to see if their parents were kin?
There are a lot to choose from.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

christianhunter

In light of the exchanged PM's,and to prevent hard feelings.I researched myself,and will comment one more time,despite my promise.

Of greatest importance,and to answer a question above,and justify my stance:

Leviticus 18:6 "None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD."

In my research,and with common sense,this is what I summarized.

There are 2 relatives who you share 100% kinship with you on both sides of your family by blood.one is your siblings,and two would be your double first cousin,should you have any.Your parents 50% on each of their sides,by blood,in common with you.Your first cousin,50% of your family on your maternal or paternal side.Any cousin,no matter how far down the line is related to you by blood.24 of the 50 States ban the union of first cousins.1st cousins who date or marry,do so in a closet type manner as do gays.They have their own support group,who also allows married siblings.There is at least one State,that allows an uncle to marry a niece.There is no question,and no stigma about THE LORD allowing close kinship in marriage,in HIS plan to populate the earth.This allowance changed in Leviticus 18:6.Seeing that even your parents only share 50% of your relatives by blood,and they are the closest you can get to a relative.Your first cousins share that same 50%,on each individual side,they are related on.A half brother or sister 50%,a second cousin 25%,and so on.So we look at what the LORD says to us in Leviticus 18:6.What percentage by blood,since even your parents only share 50% of that, is close kin?

Last edited:

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
In light of the exchanged PM's,and to prevent hard feelings.I researched myself,and will comment one more time,despite my promise.

Of greatest importance,and to answer a question above,and justify my stance:

Leviticus 18:6 "None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD."

In my research,and with common sense,this is what I summarized.

The are 2 relatives who you share 100% kinship with you on both sides of your family by blood.one is your siblings,and two would be your double first cousin,should you have any.Your parents 50% on each of their sides,by blood,in common with you.Your first cousin,50% of your family on your maternal or paternal side.Any cousin,no matter how far down the line is related to you by blood.24 of the 50 States ban the union of first cousins.1st cousins who date or marry,do so in a closet type manner as do gays.They have their own support group,who also allows married siblings.There is at least one State,that allows an uncle to marry a niece.There is no question,and no stigma about THE LORD allowing close kinship in marriage,in HIS plan to populate the earth.This allowance changed in Leviticus 18:6.Seeing that even your parents only share 50% of your relatives by blood,and they are the closest you can get to a relative.Your first cousins share that same 50%,on each individual side,they are related on.A half brother or sister 50%,a second cousin 25%,and so on.So we look at what the LORD says to us in Leviticus 18:6.What percentage by blood,since even your parents only share 50% of that, is close kin?

As was posted earlier, Lev 18:6 makes the command and the rest of the chapter explains the command.
And none of those verses refer to cousins or brethren. It's just not there. I might wish it were, but it isn't.
And because of that, I would never disfellowship a married couple if I learned that they were cousins when they married 24 years ago.

Would you disfellowship them? Would anyone?

christianhunter

As was posted earlier, Lev 18:6 makes the command and the rest of the chapter explains the command.
And none of those verses refer to cousins or brethren. It's just not there. I might wish it were, but it isn't.
And because of that, I would never disfellowship a married couple if I learned that they were cousins when they married 24 years ago.

Would you disfellowship them? Would anyone?

Would you stop fellowship with a couple,you found out were Brother and Sister?
Even if they had been happily married for 30 years?
According to the internet this is going on also.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod

Yes I would. Yes I would.

270 guy

Banned

Like I said earlier I am against kin folk sleeping together weather they are married or not.

My question still is when did it become wrong and when did the disease and deformations start, because adam and eve and noah and his bunch all slept with brothers, sisters and cousins to get us where we are today right?

gordon 2

Like I said earlier I am against kin folk sleeping together weather they are married or not.

My question still is when did it become wrong and when did the disease and deformations start, because adam and eve and noah and his bunch all slept with brothers, sisters and cousins to get us where we are today right?

We all are the diseases and deformations...:D

Two points.

1.Ever consider that there is more to Adam and Eve between the lines than the strait up creation accounts.

2. The answers to the problems of genetics in this case is a science question. There is alot of wife's tales about inbreeding. But simply if tall and lean people with a space between there front teeth have children, chances are the kids will be tall and lean and have piano keys for teeth, and so the extended family.... Brains also fall into the category. In my case deformations started in our family when grand father married into english stock... England being an island and all.:D

Some North American Metis, (natives) say mixed breeds make for better cattle.:D

thedeacon

We all are the diseases and deformations...:D

Two points.

1.Ever consider that there is more to Adam and Eve between the lines than the strait up creation accounts.

2. The answers to the problems of genetics in this case is a science question. There is alot of wife's tales about inbreeding. But simply if tall and lean people with a space between there front teeth have children, chances are the kids will be tall and lean and have piano keys for teeth, and so the extended family.... Brains also fall into the category. In my case deformations started in our family when grand father married into english stock... England being an island and all.:D

Some North American Metis, (natives) say mixed breeds make for better cattle.:D

1st point. Nope

2nd point. huh??????

christianhunter

It was given to Moses,to tell the Hebrews.It was then it became a Law of THE LORD.I believe,IMO,the physical,and mental conditions are a punishment or curse,from THE LORD.I'm through with this one.I can tell you this much.Researching this,led me through a lot of perverted sites.Brothers,Sisters,Cousins,Fathers and Mothers,Aunts and Uncles,in different situations,really a sick thing,like I said I'm done now.