Who else is quickly going through their venison?

Curtis

With two of my 3 kids away at college we have scaled back on the number of deer we harvest. When all were home we used to take 5 to 6 a year (mostly for us but some given to family and friends). We scaled back the harvest last couple of years. This past season we only took 3 deer (one does, 2 bucks) figuring that would last till next season. NOW, we have everyone home, we have two others (Covid refugees) staying with us, we have 7 people eating every meal at home (5 of them are under 23 yrs).
We are down to 5 pounds of ground and 20 pounds of staps, loins, & steaks. I KNEW I should have taken that extra doe!

I imagine others are seeing their freezer being depleted quicker than normal, too.

Time to load up with some fish!

Stay safe and stay healthy.

shdw633

I have noticed that I have more shelves in my freezer empty right now than I normally do at this time of the year. I expect others are going through the same thing which may be bad for the deer come next season....especially the does.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Yep light on deer meat. The goodstuff been gone. I think I have one or two shoulders and 1/3 of a hind left.
Next season aint too picky.:biggestshoot::biggestshoot:

Core Lokt

Is the only meat y'all are eating venison? If so a couple could eat 3 deer if that's all the meat you ate. We mix it up between venison, beef, fish and pork.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Mine is still in good shape.

bany

I took 4 deer last season so, Deer and hog holding up good here. The kids aren’t asking yet.

Matthewmathis8

I typically have 2-3 deer in the freezer and have them ground into burger. Since my wife and I have been married we have bought 3 packs of ground beef in 11 years. I am going to run out this year way before September comes.

Jeetdawg

We are knocking it down very well. However, my three boys killed 4 good bucks last year, so we had more deer than our usual 2 or 3 (also bought a new standup freezer last year too).