Who is your go to for cooking advice?

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Used to be my Mama. Now it's H22.
Reminds me of us cooking Thanksgiving Dinner one year. He couldn't remember how to make something and he picked up the phone. Asked who he was calling? He said Mama. I said, don't think she's gonna answer. We :rofl: and :rofl:.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
My mother in law. I drew the short straw with the wife's cooking abilities....but for some odd reason, her from scratch cakes always turn out perfect other than a couple pan sticks here an there. Shes also responsible for corn breads and biscuits. She dont eat bread. Go figure...

oops1

Buzzard Expert
I mainly tryin to mimic stuff I see on here..lots of great cooks here..or google if I have an issue with something. I’d like to be a fly on the wall in Royrk’s kitchen to up my game. That dude puts out some over the top quality looking dishes.

hawkeye123

I do almost all the cooking in our house & for friends & family, now that my mom & grandmother are passed on it the mother n law some & a lot on here, been learning from Paymaster, NC Hillbilly & Ryork, used to do a lil cooking for big parties my partner was quite a bbq man learned from him still call him, but he always calls me , cause he forgets how to make our sauce we once sold, lol, my recipe, they're some outstanding cooks on here for sure!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
i normally don't need help in the cooking area, but if i did i would call NCHillbilly. i don't think there's anything he hasn't cooked
Beans. Tofu. Hummus. :)

I learned how to cook early on from my grandpa and my mom. Mom said I was making biscuits when I was six years old. My late father-in-law taught me the basics of smoking and bbq. He grew up in the eastern NC bbq tradition, and I used to help him smoke whole hogs for pig pickings. I have learned scads about cooking right here, and continue to learn something every day from this forum. There is a heckuva crowd of talented cooks assembled on here.