Why I Attend WFR Church and Recommend you Check us Out

Israel

You just have to ask yourself, if a self described "evangelist" can alienate every member, every denomination and completely incense all the non-believers on just this board alone, well, that ain't exactly evangelizing is it?
I don't find the above to be true.

gemcgrew

That is an interesting thought. How would "a local assembly" stunt the growth of a believer and is there a difference in the Church and a local assembly?
A local assembly may be completely antichrist. Even though Christ can reveal truth to the believer in such an environment, the believer is not likely to be tolerated for long.

Just asking. I don't believe the Church could stunt the growth of a believer, if they are teaching the "faith once delivered to the saints".
That is a pretty big "if".

Perhaps LDB reaches more unsaved during his ministry outside of this forum than he does on this forum.
From there those he reaches can get on this forum and then learn what they need to know from us and not LDB.

Israel

For we can do nothing against the truth but for it.

So then, liars, mockers, gainsayers, naysayers, and preeners all serve the purpose of God in their being. Strenuous resistance against the Christ does nothing to diminish Him; anymore than any man might do anything to elevate Him.

Who can undo His word in things He has said "must come to pass"? Could light resist coming into being by that very same word? Or do we not yet, or are we not yet convinced, persuaded, assured, of whose words Jesus the Christ spoke? All creation is formed according to that and those word(s).

We say we hear them. We say they are simple; "let there be light"!

But do we know? Do we yet know a thing the Lord says is, and will be...must be?

Brother will betray brother to death.

Let there be light.

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Whose words are these?

Last edited:

Israel

I've found God gives me what I need when I need it if I can just remember 'What God has cleansed, you do not call unholy.' He used a donkey to speak what Balaam needed to hear. I don't think it's a stretch for him to use other believers (or unbelievers) to speak what I need to hear. Where I'm concerned the problem is with my ears and eyes. The message doesn't get conveyed through my thick skull that's a matrix of preconceptions and misgivings. We all have a prideful bent that says God has to operate inside these constraints I've placed on Him through my vast understanding. It limits my hearing his voice and seeing his daily miracles like nothing else. When I can function outside of that, the miracles appear and His voice comes through like the dawning of the morning sun. As soon as I forget it and lapse back into forgetting who i am and WHO HE IS, they're gone.
I don't think it's a stretch for him to use other believers (or unbelievers) to speak what I need to hear.

Then this would apply to LDB, no?

Then this would apply to LDB, no?
IMHO his messages are dangerously misguided, cause division, and are completely self-serving....at best. I can't say that about the donkey's. Obviously there are those here who feel differently. To each his own opinion. That's mine and I'm done with the matter.