Why I Attend WFR Church and Recommend you Check us Out

LittleDrummerBoy

Have you checked us out? This is the Robertson church (Duck Dynasty).

gordon 2

The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of humankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe.

gordon 2

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.

gordon 2

Glad you got a home that suits you to a T.

Last edited:

LittleDrummerBoy

Why do they not allow musical instruments?

Why do you continue to hold against people errors of which they have repented?

WFR does indeed allow musical instruments and they have them in about half their services. The elders there are well aware that I'm a bass guitarist, and that my wife and I have a Messianic Music YouTube channel featuring guitar and bass. They encourage us in this as well as my fishing videos and other ministry efforts. Many in the Church of Christ denomination labored under the "no instrument" legalism for many years. But I don't hold against people errors of which they have repented. Why do you?

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member

WFR does indeed allow musical instruments and they have them in about half their services. The elders there are well aware that I'm a bass guitarist, and that my wife and I have a Messianic Music YouTube channel featuring guitar and bass. They encourage us in this as well as my fishing videos and other ministry efforts. Many in the Church of Christ denomination labored under the "no instrument" legalism for many years. But I don't hold against people errors of which they have repented. Why do you?
Why are you judging me while accusing me of judging others?
I have heard that Church of Christ does not have instruments.
I love music. I'm a musician in my church.
It was a simple question.

How was my question evidence I am "continuing to hold something against people"?

Last edited:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
How do you fulfill the sacraments in an online church?

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
In light of LDB's answer, if it be true (which I have no reason to doubt...but I have not checked for myself) Do you see how, in your question

Why do they not allow musical instruments?

The falseness on the face of it that LDB knows, (for they do allow musical instruments to which he witnesses) but you may not have, could be for him not a little unlike

"Do you still beat your wife?"...but even and actually a little more than that, for the ignorance of not knowing they now do was not approached with "Do they still not allow musical instruments?" but rather the presumption, that because you may know they once did not...that also now they must also be unchanged.

If he sensed an attempt at locking in to a presumed faulty position "no musical instruments...there", well, it can only be left to him to determine if he sees any fault in a response.

But there is more. Anyone who visits these threads with any regularity, and if caring at all for anything here, or anyone here, has had ample presentation of LDB and his wife both playing instruments, and she singing. So, also, in that is a sort of presumption that LDB enjoys a liberty, yet recommends the checking out a place where such liberty is "not allowed" (but is actually not denied) either making LDB recommending a place of lesser liberty, or hypocrite.

And yes, I beat my wife, and seek to...less than once I did.
But for what is her experience of me and not my own confession a man would have to find an authority that grants permission to ask.
You beat your wife?
You do know that's a crime, right?

Artfuldodger

I did not know they were allowing instruments. I have watch episodes of Duck Dynasty where they were in Church & there were no musical instruments.
I thought it was an honest question considering that we all know LDB plays musical instruments. I found his response a bit quick considering your reason for asking was not negative.

Artfuldodger

I would agree with this from the WFR page;
WE BELIEVE that Jesus will return some day. In the meantime we wait eagerly for Jesus’ triumphal return.

l would think each Church of Christ may have different views. This from another Church of Christ;

"If, as some claim, there is no Hades or waiting place for the Christian, then how does one properly understand these passages? If the Christian goes directly to heaven when he dies, does he not receive the things done in his body before the Judgment (2 Cor 5:10)? If not, why not? It seems to me that these statements shows that the righteous and the unrighteous do not receive their full recompense of reward until after Judgment."

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Sorry Art...I guess that article was not as conclusive as I thought... that was just the first article that popped up...(showing me the stupid one for also posting it)

But it looks like back in 2015 some congregations (it says something like 20 of 12,000) were going to implement the using of instruments in some of their services.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-of-christ-instrumental-music/24499691/...and God knows how stupid I am for even posting this...not as in "stupid again"...but "stupid still."

But this all begs the question of spirit vs something other, doesn't it? Cause we can be sent off into a million things for a verification of something which, if we are not witnesses ourselves, can interminably consume our time and attention to verify. So even in the finest or noblest truth of a matter might never be completely verifiable by second hand sensible means.

After all..."they" only tell me the Higgs Boson was discovered, that atoms exist, and that all such matters have already been proven true. But...were I to say I will accept no man's testimony about them...and determine for myself to set out to know...well, I stunk at calculus so there's a great doubt whatever other matters of instrumentation were developed to prove such a thing...I'd spend several lifetimes trying (with little hope of success anyway...unless I was granted my own Ground Hog Day of almost unlimited trial and error) to know. How much we just "accept"!

If everyone "using" a car was required to know in toto all the things that make it work...who'd be driving?

Oh, but it's comical. I saw some reasoning attributed (do I know if such things were really true for attribution?) that such and such congregations wanted to be "like" the first churches...which were instructed (as though a prohibition is found to anything other) in

Scriptural citations backing the a cappella tradition include a passage in Ephesians about singing hymns and making music in the heart.

I see an encouragement toward a thing...but not a whit of prohibition. But it surely appears (to me, if only) that in so many things stated (yes! even in and of scripture) that we tend (I cannot excuse myself) and are even eager to infer a thing not specifically said...as result of something said.

But I am just a fool, and have been...which is a great source of confirmation of God's mercy to me...which, no matter what any man might say as to "not suffering fools gladly", I still see a One who does. Not because He has never been stern, not because His words are always "soft" to me...or dripping with some cloying sweetness...but because He stays. Everything I am that has driven any or every other away either temporarily or yet abiding away...has never deterred Him from showing He knows me. And it's OK. He's "OK" with what He knows. Even about me.

Must be He knows something greater.

Would...of such who might infer as to acapella being superior...prohibit David and his lyre? Who knows what is being forbidden to our loss, by our own forbiddings?

You need to take a deep breath and contemplate. Two non-confrontational questions were asked to learn more about the church described by the OP. Now you on the defense, it’s unnecessary.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member

I was also curious ! And I don’t hold anything against anyone !

LittleDrummerBoy

I did not know they were allowing instruments. I have watch episodes of Duck Dynasty where they were in Church & there were no musical instruments.
You need to take a deep breath and contemplate. Two non-confrontational questions were asked to learn more about the church described by the OP. Now you on the defense, it’s unnecessary.

As Israel pointed out, many will see a question that includes false testimony as confrontational. It is an accusation of the same sort as "When are you going to stop beating your wife?"

Duck Dynasty ended 5 years ago.

Have you ever seen me with a glass of wine in my hand? Would you then conclude that I don't allow wine in my home?

How smart is it to conclude that something is not allowed simply because it is not seen?

Last edited:

LittleDrummerBoy

How do you fulfill the sacraments in an online church?

Most online services I've attended recommend someone in the home serve the Lord's supper or Communion. These include Free Chapel, World Outreach Church, WFR Church, and many others. They may exist, but I've never heard an online service say, "You need to come in person to receive Communion." WFR has even officiated and/or witnessed and broadcast a number of remote baptisms.

As priest in the home, why would not the husband and father be authorized to serve communion and baptize household members as necessary? Do you deny the priesthood of believers?

Church is "where ever two or more are gathered" in the name of Jesus. Is an electronic gathering less legitimate than one in person? Is a household attending church together in their home, but joining a larger group electronically less legitimate? I understand many are more comfortable meeting "in person" and "in person" meeting should continue to best serve their needs. But why show favoritism toward meetings "in person" if it is mutually agreeable to all to have some join electronically?