Why I Attend WFR Church and Recommend you Check us Out

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
1. I've accepted jobs alongside Catholic teachers for the same purpose. I've entered media venues provided by people of many different religious perspectives for the same reason. Often, they are making money (ad revenue) from my content?

I've seen Phil speak hundreds of times on a venue provided by a prominent Mormon organization (Unashamed on Blaze TV) and dozens of times on venues of other denominations. There is no doubt in my mind that the Mormons have a false Jesus and a false gospel.

2. But much of the discussion stinks because it suggests that Christians and churches should have some sort of "blacklist" of "false teachers" that goes beyond a warning of not accepting their doctrines or practices, but extends much further to refusing to share any kind of platform with them

1. LDB - You ever wonder if it is just the celebrity of the "duck dynasty"" and NOT their religious message that gets them on venues? A lot of Christians will listen to Tom Cruise speak about the goodness of stuff.

I doubt there is any doctrine being preached by you or Phil at these venues, especially the ones you have stated that you are sure they are a false doctrine. I don`t think either of you are famous enough to preach a doctrine that will differ than theirs and they invite you back. I know most churches have a pastor that will set you down if you try preaching a different doctrine or give his church correction that he does not approve of. Let`s ask @tell sackett how this works from a Pastoral view. Mr. Sacket would you allow anyone to take the pulpit that you have been called to preach to come in and preach a different doctrine to your congregation?

2. Interesting. But, yes, the Bible does say mark them, disfellowship with them. Pretty much scriptures that many use to prove their stance on how to correct "adultery" in the church. You know, that "what does light have to do with darkness" thing?

But, then again, in the church gets no profit from adds on venues, either.

tell sackett

1. LDB - You ever wonder if it is just the celebrity of the "duck dynasty"" and NOT their religious message that gets them on venues? A lot of Christians will listen to Tom Cruise speak about the goodness of stuff.

I doubt there is any doctrine being preached by you or Phil at these venues, especially the ones you have stated that you are sure they are a false doctrine. I don`t think either of you are famous enough to preach a doctrine that will differ than theirs and they invite you back. I know most churches have a pastor that will set you down if you try preaching a different doctrine or give his church correction that he does not approve of. Let`s ask @tell sackett how this works from a Pastoral view. Mr. Sacket would you allow anyone to take the pulpit that you have been called to preach to come in and preach a different doctrine to your congregation?

2. Interesting. But, yes, the Bible does say mark them, disfellowship with them. Pretty much scriptures that many use to prove their stance on how to correct "adultery" in the church. You know, that "what does light have to do with darkness" thing?

But, then again, in the church gets no profit from adds on venues, either.

First, I want to say that what’s on display here is disheartening and I have no desire to be a part of it.

Second, I’m very particular( to put it mildly) about who fills the pulpit at the church I’m pastoring. If by chance someone did stand in it and begin to teach some doctrine that I’m convinced is contrary to sound doctrine as we are given in Scripture ( we’re currently in a series on the doctrines of our faith btw) in all likelihood they’re not going to finish.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
First, I want to say that what’s on display here is disheartening and I have no desire to be a part of it.

Second, I’m very particular( to put it mildly) about who fills the pulpit at the church I’m pastoring. If by chance someone did stand in it and begin to teach some doctrine that I’m convinced is contrary to sound doctrine as we are given in Scripture ( we’re currently in a series on the doctrines of our faith btw) in all likelihood they’re not going to finish.
I would agree.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Absolutely. That's not what I was talking about. I'm talking about folks that Church hop.
Confession time. In college, I stopped going to the Baptist Student Union on Wednesday nights because I started dating a girl who went to the Methodist church and the Methodist's church Wednesday night supper was better than what the BSU could offer. Does that count as church hopping?

tell sackett

Confession time. In college, I stopped going to the Baptist Student Union on Wednesday nights because I started dating a girl who went to the Methodist church and the Methodist's church Wednesday night supper was better than what the BSU could offer. Does that count as church hopping?

:rofl:

Madman

The believer is rooted and grounded in Christ. If a local assembly is stunting the growth of a believer, he will not be allowed to remain there very long.
That is an interesting thought. How would "a local assembly" stunt the growth of a believer and is there a difference in the Church and a local assembly?

Just asking. I don't believe the Church could stunt the growth of a believer, if they are teaching the "faith once delivered to the saints".

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
In truth it turned out to be a good thing. I found that the Methodist church gave a message I needed to hear at the time about living as a Christian instead of the Baptist message at the BSU which was always about getting saved. In my mind, I was thinking, "Ok I'm saved and now what?". The Methodist church helped me understand that much better.

Madman

Give him time. At his current rate of church shopping, he should be celebrating Mass by 2025 at the latest.
Maybe 'Cept I think he is married. Perhaps he and his wife are willing to live as brother and sister.

There are about 20,000 more protestant "assemblies" to look into first. It would be much easier, they don't mind tweaks in doctrine.

Madman

Smart move. It takes much longer to fix an incorrect teaching than give one.

No one preaches from the pulpits of our branch of Anglicanism unless we are in FULL communion, and a lot goes into that.

tell sackett

In truth it turned out to be a good thing. I found that the Methodist church gave a message I needed to hear at the time about living as a Christian instead of the Baptist message at the BSU which was always about getting saved. In my mind, I was thinking, "Ok I'm saved and now what?". The Methodist church helped me understand that much better.

A boat we miss all too often.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)

No. That sounds like buffet shopping to me. All things being equal, going with the best fried chicken is never the wrong answer.

SemperFiDawg

I've found God gives me what I need when I need it if I can just remember 'What God has cleansed, you do not call unholy.' He used a donkey to speak what Balaam needed to hear. I don't think it's a stretch for him to use other believers (or unbelievers) to speak what I need to hear. Where I'm concerned the problem is with my ears and eyes. The message doesn't get conveyed through my thick skull that's a matrix of preconceptions and misgivings. We all have a prideful bent that says God has to operate inside these constraints I've placed on Him through my vast understanding. It limits my hearing his voice and seeing his daily miracles like nothing else. When I can function outside of that, the miracles appear and His voice comes through like the dawning of the morning sun. As soon as I forget it and lapse back into forgetting who i am and WHO HE IS, they're gone.

Last edited:

SemperFiDawg

Since we’re ‘fessing up, I started another thread about my granddaughter’s baptism yesterday. Full disclosure: the other guy in the water is a Methodist.

So did he sprinkle her before or after she was dunked?::ke:

gemcgrew

That is an interesting thought. How would "a local assembly" stunt the growth of a believer and is there a difference in the Church and a local assembly?
A local assembly may be completely antichrist. Even though Christ can reveal truth to the believer in such an environment, the believer is not likely to be tolerated for long.

Just asking. I don't believe the Church could stunt the growth of a believer, if they are teaching the "faith once delivered to the saints".
That is a pretty big "if".