Why I like my sawtooth oaks

Bushhog Bob

In just 4 days and nights, I had 492 pictures of deer and turkeys. This was last week, but I think the turkeys thought it was spring. They were under the sawtooths day and night.

Attachments

• IMG_0202 (1).JPG
    IMG_0202 (1).JPG
    567.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    581.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0374.JPG
    IMG_0374.JPG
    582.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0361.JPG
    IMG_0361.JPG
    595.8 KB · Views: 98

SakoL61R

Awesome! They great and reinforce my plan to plant a bunch of those
this winter.
How old are those trees, Bob?

southernman13

Those gotta be 18-20yr old. Very nice trees my oldest batch will be 7 in February and they’re really getting the girth now and producing!

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
My neighbor has one that hangs over my drive way. It always produces acorns. A grove in the woods would be awesome for several reasons. One, it holds some of its leaves until spring. Make a good bow stand tree.

Its not a good tree to have in your yard for the same reason! Seems like it drops 10 leaves everyday all winter.

Bushhog Bob

The trees are between 15 and 20 year old. Have 8 more across the creek that I will put a camera on this Monday or Tuesday. Also have a couple of Chinese Chestnuts that are droppings real good. Going down the field road that you see in the picture, it is like walking on marbles. Also ordered 10 Gobbler Sawtooths to be delivered in Jan.

southernman13

Some of mine are gobblers as well. I don’t know which ones though. I didn’t leave the bands on them and not enough of them have produced to compare the acorns yet. Hopefully next year they’ll all produce and I’ll know! Not that it makes a difference but I’d like to know. Also my chestnut trees are dunstan and Chinese. I did mark those with a marker on the tubes but it faded away so again I don’t know which are which lol