Why the Mask Shortage

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
Add to that hoarding as this virus broke out. Folks that never wore a mask now hoarding them. So medical workers don’t have them while the preppers have them sitting on shelves. :mad:

I’m sure our military has a ton of stockpiled stuff where else would the trillions go every year 🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter #6

MudDucker

Staff member
That link defended NOTHING. Obama did nothing and what is in Trump's budget doesn't change that fact one bit. I'll bet that no one from Obama's administration notified the Trump administration that the mask stock pile had been dangerously depleted.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
I heard about med staff putting N-95s in a ziplock after use so they have something to use as they care for these folks.

Browning Slayer

Official GON Forum Meme Poster
I heard about med staff putting N-95s in a ziplock after use so they have something to use as they care for these folks.
That's just wrong.

This was Saturday at the meat market in Jefferson. Line out the door all day long until they shut the doors. And Harris sold out of everything! This is only going to get worse.

Publix is now only allowing $20 in cash back at the registers now cause people are freaking out.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
That's just wrong.

This was Saturday at the meat market in Jefferson. Line out the door all day long until they shut the doors. And Harris sold out of everything! This is only going to get worse.

Crazy times we’re living in for sure.

mattuga

I'll bet that no one from Obama's administration notified the Trump administration that the mask stock pile had been dangerously depleted.
While that would have been nice of Obummer we are 3 years into Trump's term. He should have had that supply fixed already but has failed in this response and is continuing to fail each time he talks.

I also think the hospitals should hold responsibility for stockpiling supplies but I'm not aware of how that supply chain works so I could be wrong.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
The Drs my wife works for told everyone Sunday to start wearing google....problem is EVERYONE in town Lowe’s, Walmart, etc are sold out!!

Thread starter #14

MudDucker

Staff member
While that would have been nice of Obummer we are 3 years into Trump's term. He should have had that supply fixed already but has failed in this response and is continuing to fail each time he talks.

I also think the hospitals should hold responsibility for stockpiling supplies but I'm not aware of how that supply chain works so I could be wrong.
Unless someone appraised them of the fact that the stockpile is low, which I haven't seen, it is on Obama.

I am surprised by the hospitals not having more stockpile, but they are saying they don't have the resources to store or purchase large stockpiles.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
The Drs my wife works for told everyone Sunday to start wearing google....problem is EVERYONE in town Lowe’s, Walmart, etc are sold out!!
About a month back you couldn’t get in the respirator aisle at HD or Lowes. All the PPE is sold out and on back order.

Browning Slayer

Official GON Forum Meme Poster
About a month back you couldn’t get in the respirator aisle at HD or Lowes. All the PPE is sold out and on back order.
I was at Home Depot last week. They have plenty of toilet paper! Just no PPE's or cleaning supplies..

^ stupid hospital administrators.

If a hick like me from Texas can see the need for the n95 masks for family use in emergencies, why in tarnation can't "they".

Oh wait, their shortsightedness is because they always get bailed out by "the other they".

I'd wager that in 9 months, the hospitals wont be anymore prepared for something like this than they were 6 months ago.

Idiots never learn...they knew they were in short supply before this fiasco ever even kicked off here (day 1 they were telling us the masks were useless...."at least for you and not for me".)