Why?!?

oldfella1962

Are you talking about those $$$ Daiwa bait casters with the chip in them that prevent you from back lashing? Those cost an arm and two legs.

A chip that prevents a backlash? :rolleyes: Sounds too much like a self-driving car. :LOL:

JonathanG2013

A chip that prevents a backlash? :rolleyes: Sounds too much like a self-driving car. :LOL:

The Shimano Curado DC 150 is a baitcaster with one very unique feature. It contains a digitally controlled braking system. A computer chip inside the reel controls the centrifugal brakes. The chip can make 1000 adjustments per second.

You are correct Old Fella. Like a self driving car.

For those of us that can't afford a high end baitcaster the spinning reels are great. I use spinning reels for 6 lb and below. For throwing under trees in rivers where when you hit something it's an instant backlash with a baitcaster a spinning reel will keep you fishing.

oldfella1962

For those of us that can't afford a high end baitcaster the spinning reels are great. I use spinning reels for 6 lb and below. For throwing under trees in rivers where when you hit something it's an instant backlash with a baitcaster a spinning reel will keep you fishing.

Agree with that! When it comes tight places and needing to finesse light lures from a variety of angles, I don't think you can beat a spinning reel.