Why?!?

specialk

Did he catch any fish?

MFOSTER

BANNED
They are some sho nuff doozies out there since covid,everybody bought a boat and started fishing in 2020.

Hillbilly stalker

You would be surprised how many people do not know how to swap sides with the handle. He may have been cow handed and didn't know how. :huh: Some of the older reels, you couldn't swap over, most all I see nowadays you can tho.

Big7

The Oracle
So what?

IDC if he gets them on a handline. Or whatever.

TomC

I'm quite competent with a fly rod and extremely competent with a baitcaster. My accuracy with a spinning reel is less than stellar and I end up spending LOTS of $ on high end baitcasters that can toss light lures! One day I'll figure the ol' spinning reel out!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I'm quite competent with a fly rod and extremely competent with a baitcaster. My accuracy with a spinning reel is less than stellar and I end up spending LOTS of $ on high end baitcasters that can toss light lures! One day I'll figure the ol' spinning reel out!
Raised on a 33, bought my first baitcaster at KMart on Austell Rd... by spring the next year I could drop any weight bait in any 5 gallon bucket in my back yard. Lived by them.. till I got schooled. Yes there are times for a baitcaster, but there are more times a spinner works SO much better.

little rascal

Spinning reel is about worthless mounted either upside or downside!
Gee, you've never white bass, yellow bass fished up a creek have ya. I ain't caught nothing on larger than 6 lb. line in years. Bait casters don't do well with 6lb. line.
Got a plethora of baitcasters laying around from my tourney days. Never need them anymore.

TomC

Gee, you've never white bass, yellow bass fished up a creek have ya. I ain't caught nothing on larger than 6 lb. line in years. Bait casters don't do well with 6lb. line.
Got a plethora of baitcasters laying around from my tourney days. Never need them anymore.

Don't ever try a high end Japanese Shimano or Daiwa baitcaster! You will be amazed what they can do with VERY VERY light lures on light line (if need be)......and you will end up broke.......like me!

JonathanG2013

Don't ever try a high end Japanese Shimano or Daiwa baitcaster! You will be amazed what they can do with VERY VERY light lures on light line (if need be)......and you will end up broke.......like me!

Are you talking about those $$$ Daiwa bait casters with the chip in them that prevent you from back lashing? Those cost an arm and two legs.

TomC

No but something like a Daiwa Alpha tuned up nice is baitcaster heaven for the light stuff!