Wild Horses of Coastal NC

westcobbdog

Man they are pretty to watch, a few years ago we stayed way up the 4wheel drive beach above Corolla in the Outer Banks and they were running wild every where, evidently escaping from the Spanish explorers hundreds of years ago.

georgia_home

Beautiful!

Rabun

I saw them once on an island on the lower banks around morehead city. We were trolling for Spanish macs in the sound and looked over and there as a herd walking down the beach. Surprised the back out of me. They were a beautiful site. Thanks for sharing!

David C.

We saw a herd of wild horses between Phoenix and Tucson Arizona. They were being chased by something, either yotes, wild dogs or maybe a mountain lion, it happened so fast I couldn't tell what it was. They were running full tilt along the interstate. Some of them were paint horses but all of them had very long manes (of course because they never had a haircut.) You know when some things that you see in the wild sticks out in your mind, this was about 15 years ago and I guess because it was so unexpected I can still remember what they looked like. Similar thing happened in West Texas, but those were bighorn sheep. Those were a sight to behold as well.

TnHunter356

Banned !!
I've seen those down in the Assateague Island area when we traveled for vacations from Ft Meade to the shore. Even more interesting were the herds I saw in the northern Rockies in Alberta Canada when I was there on a horseback hunt for mule deer. They certainly had some serious predators in that area.