Wild Looking Mossbergs

Arrowhead95

I like how the added the sling to the forearm of the tactical series.

So when it smacks the snot out of you, you don't loose your grip.

goin deep...Bass Pro had them on sale last year but only had a handful which went fast...then they never got any more till after season...I think the 835 in that config was like 429 or something...cheaper if you buy the butt stock seperately and get a plain jane 835...But if you were in my shoes like i was last year...you would look at the 535 before you bought a 835...same gun, way way lighter.

The 535 is based off the 500 action but will take 3.5 inch shells...I love mine...I got three barrels with mine, a 28 inch barrel, a turkey barrel, and a 24 inch cantilever barrel for slugs...I got the copmbo and bought the cantilever barrel later on.

neckringer

HMMM
LETS SEE. I BOUGHT A TACTICAL SERIES
FOR 420.00
SCOPE FOR 120
TURKEY TUBE FOR 50
SLING FOR 20

BUSTED HEAD BECAUSE STOCK FAILED. I HAVE 2000.00 DEDUCTABLE AND EMERGENCY RO0OM COST 1100.00

MOSSBERG SEND ME A THUMBHOLE FOR IT. I BROKE TRIGGER DURING CHANGE BEING STUPID.
30.00 FOR TRIGGER
35.00 FOR GUNSMITH TO INSTALL IT
IM UP TO ABOUT 1875.00 FOR MINE
bloodyforehead2.jpg

000_0081.jpg

NO MORE MOVING PARTS FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not have my camera charged yet but this is the one i was talking about...

Attachments

• 45215.jpg
    45215.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 920
Thats a nice scar...here is the 535 i got...but i got two other barrels as well. Dicks Sporting Goods had a combo deal when i bought mine...The turkey barrela nd 28 inch bird barrel was only 299.98 on sale, and the cantilever barrel was 175 but then you either got to have a scope or buy one to put on it...

Attachments

• 45215.jpg
    45215.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 877

Ricochet

I've seen those scar photos before and just realized that was you Neckringer...Ouch! It still hurts to see them. I hope my 870 never does that to me and I see why someone is a firm believer in more eye relief now. hehe ;)

GA1dad

I was just reading about that tactical Mossberg. Thought it looked kinda cool. But after seeing Neckringers pics,,,,,,,,believe I'll pass. Stock failure never crossed my mind while looking the gun over. Thanks for sharing!!!

DYI hunting

Neckringer, man that had to hurt.

What was the cause of the failure? Did the pin shear off, not engage properly, or what? I had been considering on of the AR style stocks for a shotgun, but you have me worried now.

hambone44

I wouldn't give you $10 for either one of those kicking mules !!!!!!!!! :rofl:

I pattern my 835 every year and shoot probably 10 shots each time, and it doesn't bother me at all. I know it will knock the devil out of some turkey. Haven't had one flop yet.

dognducks

Banned
HMMM
LETS SEE. I BOUGHT A TACTICAL SERIES
FOR 420.00
SCOPE FOR 120
TURKEY TUBE FOR 50
SLING FOR 20

BUSTED HEAD BECAUSE STOCK FAILED. I HAVE 2000.00 DEDUCTABLE AND EMERGENCY RO0OM COST 1100.00

MOSSBERG SEND ME A THUMBHOLE FOR IT. I BROKE TRIGGER DURING CHANGE BEING STUPID.
30.00 FOR TRIGGER
35.00 FOR GUNSMITH TO INSTALL IT
IM UP TO ABOUT 1875.00 FOR MINE
bloodyforehead2.jpg

000_0081.jpg

NO MORE MOVING PARTS FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmm. sucks for you. you shouldve been wearing a helmet

neckringer

hotdoge? what are you talking about?

anyhow the first time i shot it with the scope i shot regular 7 1/2's out of it just to check if it was mounted ok and on the paper at 10 yds. then i put a 3 1/2 in it and bam it came back and hit me. the pin was engaged on the setting for my length but im not sure how it went passed all the others with out catching. i was not happy. mossberg traded me for the thumbhole. they told me that they modified it half way through production. im sure i had on eof the early ones. but still no more moving parts for me