Wilkes and Lincoln Countys Rut Action

coolbreezeroho

How's the rut action going in Wilkes and Lincoln countys? We have had a timber select cut going on across the road from where our lease is. So not many bucks or does being seen . Just wondering what everyone is seeing. I guess the 80 degree temps didn't help out much either

deermaster13

The 3rd and the 4th I seen the most hard chasing. All our cell cameras have been slow on bucks being in with the does the last week. Just my tracts around the house. I have 25 acres in city limits of tignall and we seen a little for being chased pretty hard Sunday morning.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
We've seen small bucks harrasing and chasing does around since halloween.
We've seen some medium bucks following does but just a few.
Havn't seen a big buck yet but we'll be back out there this weekend.
Usually we see chasing the 1st week of Nov, then a week lull, then chasing the 3rd week.
Idk why or any science behind it, that's just what we've witnessed 11 years being in this wilkes co club

Doc_Holliday23

I feel like Lincoln County is just cranking up. Bucks are cruising but the buck I killed Friday was not all-out yet. Swollen neck and dark tarsals but not black. 2 years ago I killed an 8 pt trailing a doe the Monday before Thanksgiving.

deermaster13

We've seen small bucks harrasing and chasing does around since halloween.
We've seen some medium bucks following does but just a few.
Havn't seen a big buck yet but we'll be back out there this weekend.
Usually we see chasing the 1st week of Nov, then a week lull, then chasing the 3rd week.
Idk why or any science behind it, that's just what we've witnessed 11 years being in this wilkes co club
I will agree with ya. Ive lived in wilkes my whole life and it's been this way. The bigger ones usually turn on the first of november. I think they get locked up with a doe and don't ramble as much. That just my opinion though. Luckily I'm tagged out on 2 nice deer so I am meat hunting and enjoying taking kids to the woods. My grandson will be with me Thanksgiving week so really looking forward to that

sea trout

I will agree with ya. Ive lived in wilkes my whole life and it's been this way. The bigger ones usually turn on the first of november. I think they get locked up with a doe and don't ramble as much. That just my opinion though. Luckily I'm tagged out on 2 nice deer so I am meat hunting and enjoying taking kids to the woods. My grandson will be with me Thanksgiving week so really looking forward to that
I agree they get locked up with a doe.
Or that's what we've always thought, they're in the thickets courting

Doc_Holliday23

My cousin, who has hunted LC for all of his 50 years, says if he had to pick one day only to be in the stand, he would say the Saturday that UGA plays Florida.

coolbreezeroho

Brother is all about the rut and he thinks it goes on the first two weeks of Nov. I usually see the biggest bucks after Thanksgiving. Usually just a glimpse of them as they hang close to the thick brushy areas that are left

sea trout

Brother is all about the rut and he thinks it goes on the first two weeks of Nov. I usually see the biggest bucks after Thanksgiving. Usually just a glimpse of them as they hang close to the thick brushy areas that are left
Biggest deer I saw last year hunting Wilkes was on Christmas break!
He came to a feeder and busted some does and small bucks up that were eating. Ran them out, then he ran around in a few circles around the feeder smellin the ground then he left.
I was waiting for a particular silver doe that rears up and licks the feeder spinner. She was costing me, I figure, 24 dollars a month. I did not expect to see that show at that time of the year while waiting for her.
It was fun for sure