Wilkes County Reports

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Went yesterday and this mornin.
Didn't see any bucks but I did on 2 occasions see fawns in the food plots all by them selves. Maybe their mamma's are busy somewhere.

deermaster13

Hello from Wilkes county. Guess season kinda slowing down. My son in law got a pretty 8 point Tuesday but it's been slow seeing many bucks. Deer seem to be in fields and food plots more. Hope rest of everyone season goes well.

Marsupial

Banned
I had great season. The new 30 acres I bought paid off. Killed a doe off it in bow season. Daughter killed a young buck off it opening weekend. Killed a 4.5 yr old 8 pointer I’ve been watching for 3 years on Nov 1st. And killed the biggest buck of my life off it on Nov 8th. A 130” 9 pointer. lots of deer hitting the feeders and food plots now. Going back next weekend for last deer hunt, hoping kids can put one more in the freezer.

Marsupial

Banned
Bucks have started shedding horns. My wireless trail cam showed two bucks last night missing a side. Both bucks had a full set night before last. This seems to be a month earlier than usual?

deermaster13

Good friend of mine killed this one past season and just got him back. Just gets my blood pumping for this season. Never know what may be behind a doe. Hope all on here are doing well.

Attachments

• IMG_20200411_134102.jpg
    IMG_20200411_134102.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20200411_134444.jpg
    IMG_20200411_134444.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 55

Duff

That’s a fine Wilkes Co buck!!

cr00241

Good rain we had! I'm going to plant the dove field Monday and hopefully we will get some good rain this summer so the field will do well.

Marsupial

Banned
Hope you got to plant yesterday. I mowed in between rain. Clover plots look amazing now. A few weeks ago I fertilized and sprayed them with clethedim. They’ve never looked so good. Also this year I had two new plots cleared that total 2.5 acres. Planted them in Soybeans, Cowpeas, sunn hemp, sun flower, sorghum, buckwheat and Alyce clover. They are starting to come up good!

cr00241

Got the dove field planted and had sprouts 5 days later. With more rain coming, it should be a good crop of brown top for the doves this year.

deermaster13

Wilkes hunters good luck out there. Been finding a few white oaks dropping. Managed to get plots planted. Been slow.Getting started this year but looking forward to season.

Marsupial

Banned
Having a weird start to season. Opposite of the norm. Usually very few or no good bucks all summer and then start seeing them often on camera by October. This year had several good ones and theve all disappeared. Only an occasional small buck lately. Still tons of does, maybe more than ever.