Wing bone or trumpet call

Sixes

I just got the text today from Kenny Pendalahore and have one on the way.

Bad thing is that he is no longer keeping a list, so they will be harder to get. It took a little over 2 years for mine to come up for this one.

deast1988

I just got the text today from Kenny Pendalahore and have one on the way.

Bad thing is that he is no longer keeping a list, so they will be harder to get. It took a little over 2 years for mine to come up for this one.

I called him, fB messaged him. The works to get that response. I was trying, but I know with Covid things got crazy. He makes a sweet call, That’s deadly.

common man

Just got this yelper today just started practicing actially having an easier time than a moith call

Attachments

• IMG_20210514_193612488.jpg
    IMG_20210514_193612488.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 17

common man

Just got mine today but I think I will be trying it a lot next year. Mine with shipping was like $25. Got mine from a Jim Greenlee of Greenlee custom calls. Number is 910-916-1609

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have a nice wingbone call, but I have never been able to run it good.

Buckman18

I have a nice wingbone call, but I have never been able to run it good.

I have a few, and have made a handful. Some play well, some don't. It all has to do with that magic formula of the internals of the call, and most importantly the sync between your mouth and the mouth piece. A little big or small and its a no go.

For me, hen and jake wingbones play the best, gobblers not so much.

You get one that plays right for you, and NOTHING will get more responses than a wingbone or trumpet. YMMV

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have a few, and have made a handful. Some play well, some don't. It all has to do with that magic formula of the internals of the call, and most importantly the sync between your mouth and the mouth piece. A little big or small and its a no go.

For me, hen and jake wingbones play the best, gobblers not so much.

You get one that plays right for you, and NOTHING will get more responses than a wingbone or trumpet. YMMV
It's mainly me. The guy who made it for me made it sound really good. I make it sound like a diseased chicken squawking. :)

Buckman18

Dickie Champions a good ole boy. He used to lease a bunch of land from me. Still have a box call he made for me.

I met him last year at Unicoi. His calls were great and very reasonably priced.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Anthony Ellis. I like my Cox, Buice, Hornstra, and others but this one is special and always works for me. I love a good wingbone too just depends on my mood. A trumpet with a wingbone mouthpiece is probably my favorite combination. 20210327_085146~2.jpg

Gaswamp

Anthony Ellis. I like my Cox, Buice, Hornstra, and others but this one is special and always works for me. I love a good wingbone too just depends on my mood. A trumpet with a wingbone mouthpiece is probably my favorite combination. View attachment 1080905
whose wingbone do you like?

common man

Getting off subject but if looking for a different sound i got a cedar hills game call little scratch box yoday. Trying to get yelps down but makes some great clucks and half the size of a cell phomr

deast1988

I sent sent a check up to Mr. Buice. It’s been 12/13months but I got word a blood wood horn was ready for me.

Gut_Pile

Very nice

Hard to beat a Buice trumpet, if you even can.