Winter Bass Fishing on Lake Chatuge

Here is a video of some of my catches so far this winter.
Let me know if you would like a fishing report for Chatuge!

Winter can be slow, but is sure to produce some nice catches!

Klag

Great video and nice fish!!

Anything in that lake besides spotted bass? I hear good things about channel catfish there - but more high numbers than big fish.

I've never fished there, but it's on my list to fish at least once from my kayak!

The mtn man

I caught a cooler full while trolling a crank bait behind my kayak this past Saturday. They were killing it about 15 ft down off rocky points, and at the transition areas from flat to drop off. I seen a lot of bass boats running up and casting at docks, I didn't see any of them catch a fish.

The mtn man

Anything in that lake besides spotted bass? I hear good things about channel catfish there - but more high numbers than big fish.

I've never fished there, but it's on my list to fish at least once from my kayak!

I live at chatuge, send me a pm when you want to come up. I'll show you the best places to launch.

Thats Awesome man! Lake Chatuge is great but it can be tough. There are some largemouth but mostly spotted bass. Your best bet for largemouth would be up in laydowns on the shore. I will occasionally catch one off a point, but if you are targeting largemouth specifically go in the backs of coves and into laydowns. Flukes are great in the spring and summer especially for laydowns. They allow you to get deep into cover with a slow and weedless approach!

rbday1989

Good video man!!!

I was on Chatuge Feb 18 helping my buddy Pre fish for a club tournament last Saturday I think there was 2 diff tournaments last week.. I didn't catch a fish but man was it a beautiful lake I fish lake hartwell and burton mostly but really liked that lake.. talked to some really nice fisherman up there also.. I noticed some big spots bc one tournament took 17lbs to win and the other 29lbs and most the pics I seen was Magnum Spots.. im joining a club this season that fishes that Lake so I cant wait to get in some of that action..