WMA Boundaries in Google Earth

mockingbird

I've got a Mac-- works fine. I think what a lot of people don't understand is that for this to work, you have to have already downloaded and installed the "Google Earth" application on your computer. If you don't have it, google "Google Earth" and it should guide you through the download and installation.
Many thanks KC!

Great Resource

Question to Killmaster,

What are the areas that are outlined in red but have no name associated with them. I am noticing a bunch around my area, but I know there is no WMA there. Is it just government/state land? Is any of it possible to hunt?

And has this been updated with this years boundaries? I know some WMAs such as Cedar Creek have had some changes.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Question to Killmaster,

What are the areas that are outlined in red but have no name associated with them. I am noticing a bunch around my area, but I know there is no WMA there. Is it just government/state land? Is any of it possible to hunt?

And has this been updated with this years boundaries? I know some WMAs such as Cedar Creek have had some changes.

There may be a few really small DOT owned tracts that are too small to do anything with. I would have to know specifically which one's to know.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Great resource! Thanks!

man thanks , this is great !! , only 1 thing i noticed there isn't any thing on wassaw island, just asking !! thanks

shedhead

Didnt think you got enough congratulations on your work so far Mr. Killmaster.. So thank you from me and my daughter.

ben300win

Anyone have any input on how to get it to work on a droid phone? I have google earth already on there, but it will not download the file to make the boundries. Thanks, Ben

papachaz

a kmz google earth file is also available through the dnr website. i've used it a lot and it's great. haven't opened yours though i'm about to. i wish i could use my gps software to make points and then transfer to the unit.
man this makes pretrip scouting a whole lot less confusing and time consuming! nice to be able to see the area and surrounding area before i even leave the house!

edit: ok i looked at it, no difference in this one and the DNR one except it looks like someone just drew in orange lines over their yellow lines, i'm guessing that's because i had already downloaded theirs to my pc.
still took a lot of work and effort, nice!