WMA Walkabout..No Pig, but a very interesting 7 1/2 miles!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Just got in from a fine morning is the woods. We walked a bit over seven and a half miles today, and we saw some cool stuff along the way.

We only jumped a single pig, that we couldn't get a shot at, so the pig hunt ends there.

We also walked up on a little fawn who had better learn some fear, lol. It was very slow to decide to trot away.

The most interesting thing today was the gator that we walked up on...Yep, really.

Screenshot_20200516-141634.png

Also, I am 100 percent SOLD on the big possibles bag, not a bit of trouble, all day. And I also got a great cottonmouth skin that I been wanting for a hatband.

Screenshot_20200516-141606.png

So, all in all, a good time in The Swamp today.

Last edited:

FrChs28

A man after my own heart ! Whenever I covered alot of ground my buddies always commented, I think you just like to hike ! It's not about the killin, just being outdoors and enjoying nature is what it's about. Keep it up, and wish you many more miles !

Wayne D Davis

51 years old...Figger as long as I can keep moving, I will.

My usual work day 5-6 miles walking on rocks, so it was just a small stretch. Calves were sore from mud and pinerows, though ...:LOL:
Haha....i hear ya man. I got 5 close to 6 years on ya. 5 years makes a big difference I've learnt. I cover about 4 to 6 (according to my step counter) with a back pack blower today. Thank God that's my hardest day of the week. Anit gotta do that again till next Wednesday.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a great day, even with no pigs!

51 years old...Figger as long as I can keep moving, I will.

My usual work day 5-6 miles walking on rocks, so it was just a small stretch. Calves were sore from mud and pinerows, though ...:LOL:
I hear you. 52 here. I didn't used to even think twice about walking 15 miles through the mountains, but it's starting to kill the back of my calves nowadays.

elmer_fudd

59 here. I'm good for about 10 miles these days. I've found that it's more a matter of staying in shape than age. I need to hike at least every other week to keep up with it.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I too like putting in some steps......

Sounds like a great time!