Wood shop in the making…

Geffellz18

Ordered an 18x35 metal carport to serve as a woodshop & storage shed for my gator/atv and wood stacks.
They came a couple of weeks ago to construct it!
Took the week before Memorial Day off to dig the earth down level for construction.
It’s has been quite a chore due to the hilly backyard I have, but with setback restrictions, this was the only place I could place it and meet the requirements without putting it in the front yard!
Some more dirt needed under the retaining wall in the foreground, 4x4 retaining wall to shore up the rear berm, run electrical and enclose the back 1/3rd for the woodshop(12x18) and i’ll be ready to get the shop setup!
Quoted the company enclosing it and it more than double the price of the building, so I opted to forego that!
7523CB21-60AC-46FF-9416-A9427DF244A0.jpeg

Duff

Man, I need one of those!! Looking good. Are you going to enclose it yourself?

MFOSTER

BANNED
Ordered an 18x35 metal carport to serve as a woodshop & storage shed for my gator/atv and wood stacks.
They came a couple of weeks ago to construct it!
Took the week before Memorial Day off to dig the earth down level for construction.
It’s has been quite a chore due to the hilly backyard I have, but with setback restrictions, this was the only place I could place it and meet the requirements without putting it in the front yard!
Some more dirt needed under the retaining wall in the foreground, 4x4 retaining wall to shore up the rear berm, run electrical and enclose the back 1/3rd for the woodshop(12x18) and i’ll be ready to get the shop setup!
Quoted the company enclosing it and it more than double the price of the building, so I opted to forego that!
View attachment 1096580
Looks good

carlan

I like the looks of that. Been looking at doing something similar.
I assume you ordered the building as a kit? If so what brand is it?

Geffellz18

R&B metal structures out of central GA is who I ended up purchasing mine from.
Very pleased with the overall experience.
Went metal vs wood because the price of lumber was through the roof, making the metal buildings cheaper plus they build it vs me having to do it.
That made it a no brainer!

Secured the exterior walls material!
Since retiring, dads been getting into several side hustles and scored this tin from a storage garage purchase.
Just have to get back home to grab it, which I’ll do in Oct.
Will save me a pretty good amount of coin!
I’ll start the framing later this month.
C97103ED-BEC1-4A68-99DE-2786A57E80FD.jpeg966DC14A-840F-4BCD-BF2B-3950294B3BF5.jpeg

Last edited:

Geffellz18

Picked up the materials this morning to complete the retaining wall from where we dug out the hill, and studs to begin framing for the walls
C3796F18-DE97-4C16-A8BD-7CD1B76DD27D.jpegE04D9028-37FD-406C-A683-231E76672799.jpeg

Set the post brackets too. Gotta let the concrete dry.
Maybe the rain will hold off a little tomorrow to at least let me start the wall.
C770D34F-1D35-4295-8C38-80854099E7E9.jpeg

Last edited:

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Man you're gonna love that when it's done! One thing I'll advise is to consider moisture encroachment. Go above and beyond with vapor barriers. Condensation and humidity is a tool killer! People would laugh at the effort I went thru....but it was worth it.

I just finished my shop and I’m scared to death about just this.

Geffellz18

Started on the retaining wall today. That extra 2 hrs of sun sure would be handy right now!
About two more runs higher and I’ll install some dead men to make sure it doesn’t sag later on in life!
Took the trailer down to FL and loaded up the tin for the exterior walls. Dad will bring it up around Thanksgiving since me and the family went over to Sandestin for a few days!

It’s a one man show, so progress is Slooooooow!
9B6265AE-A27A-42E9-8207-849B5362343F.jpeg
CA8BD334-069C-473D-8F23-140A5A5D49E2.jpeg

Geffellz18

Back on the build….had to set some footers for one side due to some erosion of my initial foundation that I had to build up. She’s nice and stable now.
Floor joists set and OSB laid down for the flooring. Had to grab one more piece of OSB-Price jumped $10 literally overnight.:eek2:
Normally I buy more than I think I’ll need, but didn’t with the OSB-Bit me this time!
Aiming to have it framed out within a couple of weeks-Then onto sheeting and electrical.
D932E965-A907-42F0-89EB-8053AE42E861.jpegE0A4E0FD-810E-4F67-893B-4875191E763E.jpeg

Geffellz18

Started framing the walls today-Getting there!
Hope to finish up the rest of it and start getting the tin walls up tomorrow.
Remainder of the wiring was ordered to get it wired up.
Probably going to go ahead and run water out there too since I have a trench already.
C042189E-D5A4-41CB-AE42-88905B6BEB24.jpeg20F4C6A7-E99D-431A-9212-A6B614A43CC0.jpeg

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’m doing the exact same thing right now. Just about completely sealed up. About ready to start fishing and let the building project sit a spell.