Woodcock 2020

hambone76

I’m going to give it a try in the morning. I’ve been hearing a bunch of them off the back of a food plot, down in a narrow creek drain.

tom turkey 2x2

Have hunted tues. And again today, but 2 different spots that held several birds last year , nothing there now!
Anyone having any luck?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
No luck so far. Seen no sign of the woodcocks having arrived yet in my usual haunts. Pup did jump on a wild hog yesterday in one of my best spots. May have to leave him at home and do a little hog eradication hunt.

coachdoug87

Have been to a couple of my go to spots. Found several, but not quite as many as usual. We are starting a week early and I don't think they are all here yet. I am in the Northern part of the state, so I would bet they just haven't reached you yet.

trad bow

Great hunt. Looks a lot like the woods we’re trying to hunt. I have the same vest in the picture. It doesn’t get ripped up like my clothes.

trad bow

Got into woodcock today but my pup was running around wild and was flushing them out around thirty yards or so. Got to figure out what his problem is cause it seems the more birds he finds the worst he wants to chase them. Didn’t have this problem two weeks ago. May need to find a trainer cause I’m not getting it done for him.

mlandrum

Get a 10-15 yard rope and teach him the command "Stay Close" with a firm voice. Right when he is almost to the end of the rope give him a firm jerk with the command "Stay Close"! and he will get quicker than you think, especially with a little shock to reinforce it. Notice "{Scout" with his shock collar at 6 months old(y)IMG_1167 (2).jpg

The Donk

Got into woodcock today but my pup was running around wild and was flushing them out around thirty yards or so. Got to figure out what his problem is cause it seems the more birds he finds the worst he wants to chase them. Didn’t have this problem two weeks ago. May need to find a trainer cause I’m not getting it done for him.

Was it Public Land? Could've just been some wild birds. We had that happen a couple times last year. We hunted right behind some folks and didn't know it until we were leaving. The birds wouldn't hold for nothing and Charlie was getting all wound up chasing them everywhere.

trad bow

I only hunt public land but all I have seen hunting have been rabbit hunters.