Woodworking, one of many hobbies

reddwil

Woodworking is one of my hobbies, I also dab in Pyro, Turning, and restoration of antique furniture. My main source of stress relief. Here are a few recent projects.

Attachments

• IMG_0326.JPG
    IMG_0326.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 308
  • 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 341
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 326

reddwil

Another reason I enjoy it, My partner in crime...

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 318

LJay

Retired Mod
Nice wood work. Looks like about the best partner around.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Very nice work, I like the table:smash:

Handgunner

Fine looking work, Redwill!

Do you have any plans on that poker table? I've been tossing around the idea for a while now to make my kitchen table into a card table. It's octagon as well.

One buddy recommended me to use 3/4" furniture grade plywood, to cut out a template, use the template for the border, and router the edges...

Could you take some more photo's of your table, please? I love it!

GADAWGS

Nice work. I always wondered what my shop would look like if I could see the floor.

reddwil

Delton, Here are a few more pictures. I built it from a hand drawing and some calculations I made based on the size of the table I wanted. Calculate the size of the playing surrface you want then add 4 inchs for the cup holder and chip holder. The octagon is made of mitered pieces cut on 221/2% angles. I used 3/4 plywood for the sub base and 1/4 covered in foam batting then covered with camo material. Its not hard, just takes some figuring. You can buy a pedestal already made wwith a feet kit but they are not cheap. I built mine out of 1x12 with a 2x4 frame for strength.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 210
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 244
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

fredw

Retired Moderator
Reddwil, do you have plans to build the cabinets? I want to make one to store my ammo and misc. hunting stuff.

reddwil

OK, My partner just gave me a chewing out for not posting her finished masterpiece. This is the Pioneer Chest that she built with my assistance. She done all the work except the cutting. We were building it for her, when we got done, she said she wanted me to have it so I would always remember our first project together.:cry:

Attachments

• 257.jpg
    257.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 203
  • 258.jpg
    258.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 181

Handgunner

Fine lookin' work, Reddwil!

I have an octagon kitchen table that very rarely gets used, that'll be my "frame". I'll just have to put a border around it, with chip/drink holders and felt the middle.

Once done, I'll post my finished product.

Fine lookin' work you and your partner are doing. What makes it even more special is that y'all are doing it together.

Way to go!

EON

Nice poker table Red, I'm putting finishing cover on one now. Hope to be finished in another week or so. I like your base alot better than mine, looks good.

Handgunner

EON, when you get done, will you post a picture of yours in this thread?

I plan on posting a picture of mine once done...