Rich Kaminski

Black Bear Hunt

State: Minnesota
Guide Service: Rod's Guide Service
Price: $500 several years ago
Baited: Yes
Lottery System: Yes
Bears Seen: 3 in under 2 hours
Bear taken: 1 Pure Chocolate smaller bear (rare color)
Airfare, car rental and hotel not included ($700), split room and car rental costs with brother-in-law). Used frequent flyer miles for airfare.
Go Again: Yes probably 1 more time. (I have a Russian Brown Bear and a chocolate black bear now).

Rich Kaminski

Black Buck, Whitetail and Corsican Ram

Cost: Airfare and car rental
Animals seen: 40 deer, 2 herds of black buck and one herd of Corsican's.
Animals taken: Black Buck (record book quality - never scored), 8 point whitetail nice rack (I don't know how to score them) and a Corsican Ram with one and a third full curl.
Go again: Absolutely, if invited back.

Rich Kaminski

Russian Brown Bear

Location: Kamchuctka, Russia (Pacific Rim of Volcano's - Siberia)
Cost: Hunt was $10,500.00, Tips were $1,000.00, Airfares about $2,000.00, Hotel stays before and after hunt were $500.00, food before and after hunt were $250.00, 3 day stay in Ancorage, Alaska before hunt and travel were $900.00. Taxidermy for a full mount was $3750.00.
Total cost of hunt including the purchase of a new Sako H&H .375 Mag and a scope ($1,000.00) was about $20,000.00. Not for everyone, but the adventure of a lifetime.
OUTFITTER: Expeditions by Ron - Ron Young
Tracked Large Brown Bear using snowmobiles, chased them and if they weren't large enough, they would get tired of that game and chase us.
Seen a wolverine chasing a snow hare on the tundra.
Hunted in the Pacific Rim of Volcano's (bathed daily in a river super heated by a volcano).
Plenty of food! Cook in the camp. Translator in the camp. One guide for each hunter.
Would I go Go Again: Yes for Giant Moose, Elk and whatever.

Rich Kaminski

Whitetail deer New Brunswick, Canada

Outfitter: John something (Idon't want to remember)
Outlook: only 5 deer per square mile.
Bad Outfitter, nice campground, rental ATV's, good food. No guides! Way too many hunting camps in the area!
Everyone hunts government land with no designated areas.
I wound never recommend hunting in New Brunswick!
Cost: $1200.00 plus airfare and a rental car.
Deer seen alive = 0
Hunted: 7 days
Deer seen dead - one from the 12 people in our camp and 2 at the camp across the road from us.

Rich Kaminski

Alberta, Canada

I am in Alberta now, planning to hunt in September of this year for Moose, ELK, whitetail, mule deer and possibly some other critters.
Guide: A friend
Cost: Tags - $250 (Elk), $250 (Moose), $184 (Whitetail), $184 (Mule Deer), $62 (Black Bear) and $24.35 for the Wildlife Identification Number. Total $954.35 USD.
Not bad!
Note: No hunting on Sundays.

kevincox

Pike County,Il
Grand Oaks Outfitters
1750 for a 5 day hunt(price is now 2750 for same hunt)
I saw 5 shooters during the hunt
I missed a 150 inch 10 pointer and shot a 140 inch 10 pointer but was unable to find him
Best dates on this farm were Nov 4th - Nov 10th
I would have gone back if the prices wouldn't have increased

Flintlock1776

My out of state

State hunted: Alabama

Total price of hunt: $0

Land (private/wma/leased): Private

Guide service used: nope

Website of service: n/a/

Game seen: Deer

Game harvested: Buck

Would you do this hunt again: (yes or no) YES!

Rate overall experience: (1-10) 100+:cool:

Have GA Lifetime License, now living up north:yawn: Looking to figure out where to hunt back in Ga (developers turned my club in Dallas, Ga into a housing development for a country singer:hair:)

Husky Bottoms

State hunted: Indiana

Total price of hunt: $125.00 non-resident tag

Land (private/wma/leased): Dad's 80 acres/Mongo state park on pigeon river/ North Manchester 200 acres

Guide service used:N/A

Website of sevice:N/A

Game seen:1st week of Nov. last year missed 130" twice, and a 150" once at my dads. Saw a 130" at Mongo state, and buddy harvested a 100" 9 point in North Manchester.

Game harvested: Doe

Would you do this hunt again: (yes or no)absolutely

Rate overall experience: (1-10) 10

May I just say that the only difference between Indiana and Illinios is the hype. I have a lot of buddies that still live up in in NE Indiana and have harvested tremendous bucks (not to mention 1 200 lb doe). The state land up there is phenominal and I look forward to it every year!!!

holton27596

Newfoundland
5000$ (for everything including gas)
Snowshoe lake outfitter
Tundratour consultants.com
got a nice moose 2.5 hours into hunt
cant wait to go back!!!

deermedic6558

State: Kansas Hunt price:$2500 for 10 days(entire gun season) Animals seen: approx 20 bucks a day Animal taken: 150's class buck my first morning:banginghe, I have several on video that are in the 180's. We got iced in for another 4 days,worst blizzard in 20 years, so, I know what I am looking for this year. 1-10, definite 10 Cant wait to go back this year. We have a 3600 acre private farm ,for my father and I, that we are getting again this year. This is a semi-guided hunt where the guide shows you the property, gives you a map, and set up a stand or 2, then you are on your own. I would recommend this hunt to anyone that is looking for trophy horns and giant bodies. The tags are $320 for a buck, $20 for a doe, and the guide will find you a house to rent for the week or locate you a hotel, which ever you prefer. Here is the link http://www.flinthillsadventures.com/deerhunting.html

bucky

ontario canada.Own 320 acres plus millions of queens land to hunt.guide-self.Game shoot-145in 8 pointer plus picture on game camrea is my avatar.Rate it a 11,never know whats going to walk out in the northcountry.I will be there nov-8-16 this year.May start a small guide service next year with a local friend up there to show you your stand and you will stay in a motel $55 a night.$700-800 dollars plus motel and food.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Colorado Elk Hunt - Last Bow Only Season

State hunted: NW Colorado

Total price of hunt: $500 Lic, $500 Tresspass fee to owner, $300 gas, $150 food/drinks for a week, $150 other misc junk - Total = about $1,600 smackos

Land (private/wma/leased): Private land with access to BLM land with tent camping

Guide service used: Nope, self guided with a couple of buddies

Website of sevice: N/A

Game seen: 10 mulies (2 at slapping distance), 30+ or so Elk with a couple being dandy bulls

Game harvested: one 4x3 bull Elk

Would you do this hunt again: (yes or no) Oh, heck yea - tomorrow if I could.

Rate overall experience: (1-10) 10+

See Pic.

FWIW - The gut pile from an Elk would easily outweigh most deer that I've killed.

Attachments

• GT elk.jpg
    GT elk.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 7,411

Dub

State hunted: 2006 Illinios, Pike County

Total price of hunt: $1,500 Outfitter fees (mid October hunt) + fuel + food + $450 liscence = just under $3,000.

Land (private/wma/leased): Outfitter leased farms

Guide service used: Bay Creek Outdoors, Nebo IL

Website of sevice: I believe it's still baycreekoutdoors.com

Game seen: more deer in 5 day hunt than 5 seasons in Georgia combined. The very first deer we saw was when the outfitter was driving us out to our farm the arrival day. Standing by a mailbox was a 250lb 160 class. Biggest deer I saw was a 15 pt stud that the outfitter had been scouting. I had shot opportunities on a few nice 2.5-3.5 year old bucks but they wouldn't have met the outfitters 17" inside spread rule. My buddy missed a 140 class 8 pointer.

Accomadations were good, nice bunkhouse with three showers, kitchen and washer&dryer, nice targets for warm up or mid day plinking. Hunt at your own pace. He'll show you the grounds and turn it over to you to hunt as you'd like. He checked in on us every afternoon and made suggestions as to where we may score. Late in the hunt, he put me on a cut cornfield in a fasle corner where I saw 3 horndonkeys up close. Shot opportunity never presented itself due to a flanking young buck that winded me...dang him. All three of those bucks were shooters.

All we had to do was hunt and make the shot. Clint (the outfitter) did the tracking and recovery as well as bringing 'em back and hanging/gutting the animals.

Game harvested: I held off on smaller bucks and didn't shoot does because I didn't want to have trucks/lights/noise in there to possibly bump off a good buck. I did shoot a lone coyote. My buddy killed a nice doe and missed a 140 class 8 pt. Said his arrow hit a vine or something. I feel that I may have done better had I used his stands but I took my own climber (feel safer in it/ big fella) but it was hard finding climbing trees near his stands. My buddy saw more from hunting the outfitters stands.

Would you do this hunt again: (yes or no) Yes if/when funds allow. I want to go to Ennon (spelling?) Plantation in Alabama first before going back to Il.

Rate overall experience: (1-10) 8 (highest rating I can give w/o making a kill:bounce:).

Belk

State hunted: Texas hill Country

Total price of hunt: $1800 ranch fee, $300 TX license, $250 air fare, $200 rental car

Land (private/wma/leased): Private Lease

Guide service used: non-guided

Website of sevice: none

Game seen: 100+ deer & turkey, 5 hogs 2 Axis deer

Game harvested: 10 pt 137 BC, 2 does

Would you do this hunt again: (yes or no) yes

Rate overall experience: (1-10) 10 Romance of Texas hunting is addictive! Horn rattling is as well!

JL242

State hunted: South Carolina

Total price of hunt: $695 plus gas, food & license

Land (private/wma/leased): private

Guide service used: semi guided

Website of sevice: www.islandplantation.com

Game seen: 8 anterless deer

Game harvested: none

Would you do this hunt again: no

Rate overall experience: (1-10) 4

HUNTIN4LIFE

2006 Colorado Elk

State hunted: Colorado

Total price of hunt: Approximately $1200: Tags- $500 Gas and food: $500 to $700

Land (private/wma/leased): Public

Guide service used: DYI

Website of sevice: N/A

Game seen: 4, all bulls

Game harvested: 5 x 4 bull

Would you do this hunt again: Absolutely, planning a 2008
hunt now

Rate overall experience: 9

I would say that the experience of hunting in the Colorado Rockies is worth the $1200 by itself. Taking a bull elk is just icing on the cake. An Elk is an absolutely amazing animal and hunting those mountains is breathtaking. FYI: If you do decide to go on a DYI Elk hunt, be prepared to hunt hard and get in shape before you go. At 11,000 feet or so, the difference in the oxygen level is surprising. You will find yourself panting just tying your boots. All in all, I love it and would recommend it. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 was because of the massive snowstorm that moved in on day 4 of the 5 day hunt. Luckily, I had closed the deal on the evening of day 3.:banana:

Attachments

• doctored pic (800 x 600).jpg
    doctored pic (800 x 600).jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 7,235

bacmb

State hunted: Maine

Total price of hunt: $900 (son and myself)

Land (private/wma/leased): private/timber company

Guide service used: None

Website of service: http://macannamac.com/

Game seen: deer, squirrel, geese

Game harvested: none!

Would you do this hunt again: (yes or no) Yes

Rate overall experience: (1-10) 8

headhunter 07

state hunted: Texas
Total price of hunt: 2800$
land: leased, Menard county
out of state license:300$
hunted: whitetail
will do it again next year

Belk

State hunted: Texas Edwards Plateau- Hill country

Total price of hunt: $1600 trespass fee w lodging
$300 Tx license, Flight 350, ~$ 2500 for 4 day hunt.

Land (private/wma/leased): Private lease, Menard County

Guide service used: none

Website of sevice: none

Game seen: over 50 different bucks 3-4 140+ bucks
hundreds of turkeys, 4 Axis deer, 20+ wild hogs.

Game harvested: 11 pt ~ 140 BC Rattled him in, 8 wild hogs

Rate overall experience: (1-10) 10

You see more game Deer, hogs, turkeys, Axis deer in one day that you see all season in GA. Horn Rattling is a religious experience in TX. Set up 5 times called in 7 bucks with in 2 hours. 2 shooters.

OconeeJim

State hunted: Western Kentucky

Total price of hunt: about $500 per day

Land (private/wma/leased): Outfitter..Greg Russell; hard worker, good guy

Guide service used: Greg does full or semi guided, has a bunkhouse

Website of sevice: http://kentuckywhitetailadventures.com/main.htm

Game seen: a couple of small bucks

Game harvested: none for me....one of our group of three killed a nice 11 pt.

Rate overall experience: (1-10) 8