Work Day at Deer Camp?????

H

HT2

I've been pretty much living at Deer Camp thru the summer time doin' a little bit of everything........

But, we do have our yearly "Clean-up" day prior to Deer Season kickin' off.........

Our's is always the weekend before Labor day..........

When does everybody else have theirs?????

Jorge

We do our fall planting sometime between the last weekend in August and the second weekend in September and we have a club workday at that time. Those that are not planting are working around camp or on other areas of the club. Of course we have at least 2 other work days throughout the year but we never seem to be able to get it all done. :smash:

GAGE

GONetwork Member
My family land/club is a working day in progress, because it is family owned and I am there almost every weekend, I am always doing somthing wether it is mowing, weedeating, bushhogging, planting or whatever, there is always somthing to do.

My Greene Cty. club, I imagine it will be around labor day, I missed the spring clean up because of work.

My Oconee club, I really do not know, I will probably do what I want by myself and probably not until right before turkey season.

SlipperyHill Mo

We usually plant the weekend after Labor Day, but will be prepping the plots before that. Have had 2 work weekends so far this yearand may have one in mid August.

denny

The first morning for a couple of hours. We scarafice the weekend to get it all planted. Seems to be too hot, and dry to plant earlier.

H

HT2

Denny........

I hear ya bud........

We usually plant on Labor Day weekend, just because the next weekend is opening day........

Hoss

Our club leaders do a very scientific sampling of past weather conditions and then determine what is likely to be the hottest day of the summer with the highest possible humidty and then schedule the work day for that day. I have sweat buckets on our summer workdays.

Usually mid to late July. Just had one this past weekend. They missed on the temperature, but made up for it with the humidity.

Hoss

Jorge

Hoss said:
Our club leaders do a very scientific sampling of past weather conditions and then determine what is likely to be the hottest day of the summer with the highest possible humidty and then schedule the work day for that day. I have sweat buckets on our summer workdays.

Usually mid to late July. Just had one this past weekend. They missed on the temperature, but made up for it with the humidity.

Hoss
LOL :rofl: We use a similar plan only we predict when the longest period of drought will be and plant on the first day of said drought. :bounce: :banginghe

specialk

we use a plan now that really works good. we specify 3 consectutive w/ends(usually mid-august) and notices go out to which w/end you want. we use to do it on 1 w/end but to many said "i have something planned". this way everybody can't weasel out. president will draw up a list for each w/end and what must be done. a few guys stay on the tractor, the rest take care of other duties drawn out by the president. we first bush hawg what needs to be done, then cultivate/disc. this usually takes 2 full weekends. we then will wait on the weather. we store the fert. and seed at camp. when rains in the forcast we'll run down and plant/cover it. that usually takes a half day. this method has worked for us and all members share the load. we tried to have it on one particular weekend but too many people didn't show.

hwy22

clean up day at deer camp

We try to do clean up and plant food plots for the fall. On the weekend of lador day or the weekend before. Getting all the stands and deer camp ready for deer season.