World's view compared to biblical

StriperAddict

Christianity as it exists in the world is a vastly different thing from true Christianity as found in the holy bible.

It’s time we realize the difference.

Christianity in the world is set on all we don’t have and is futilely bound to the distant “god out there,” insisting he step in and act in our interest or else believe we are alienated from his love and his care.

And it vacillates from training us to pretend we don’t experience any difficulties and challenges to teaching us to indict God for all he is not doing for us.

We have bodies that are aging and experiencing breakdown so we believe it is incumbent on God to prove himself by intervening and healing our physical maladies.

We’ve made a mess of our relationships so the almighty wizard is obligated to fix the disaster we created.

We were not given the material advantages the next guy was and we want God to make up the difference, else we deem him a god unworthy of our consideration.

And under the worlds “Christianity” we are taught to wait on a god out there to act in our behalf before we can be certain of his love and care for us and sense his protection.

Under this “Christianity” we are in bondage to the elements of the worlds system which teaches us to focus on all we lack in physical and material well-being.

No, I’m not talking about being free as you and I should to acknowledge all our challenges, difficulties and sometimes frustration with life, I’m talking about a “Christianity” that falsely tells us our relationship to God is one where he exists to fix our problems, else he has let us down.

True Christianity?

God steps in and does something to meet our need, or rather gives the greatest someone to us to live inside us and never leave us, tells us because we have him always that we are rich, full, complete and free.

Free from the gnawing sense we always lack until our circumstances improve, a sensation that once plagued us under sins domination.

After freeing us from sin, God then focuses our attention on on how rich full, complete and free we are, not rich, full, complete and free when one fine day he comes swooping down from heaven to solve all the problems we believe he is obligated to solve in exchange for our good acknowledgement of him, but rich full and complete right now and already, by the generous gift of his grace.

And that because we are right now rich, full, complete and free having him fully living inside us, we are fully able to meet all life’s challenges head on.

True Christianity is not about focusing on all we don’t have that we believe God has promised to deliver us, but neither is it pretending we don’t have the same problems our unbelieving friends and family are made to endure.

That bondage is Christianity as it is in the world.

True Christianity is not about our hope of God solving our earthly problems in order to know a semblance of his love and empowerment.

True Christianity is about God giving all his love to the fullest, Gods total guarantee of provision of his spirit in full measure living inside us, and our being liberated from this worlds system of telling us we lack when we don’t and fully knowing he lives in us in the same full way God gave of himself.

True Christianity is having Jesus living in us with his all surpassing love and power, not in order to make our problems magically go away, but living in us willing and able to meet every challenge and difficulty life can throw at us.

True Christianity is not trying to look on the positive side and pretending we don’t have problems, it is realizing the reality of who God already made us in Christ and banking on it.

Now that you know the difference, why spend another minute playing around with the god of Christianity in the world?

Why not instead, opt for the richness of the God of grace in the face of Jesus Christ?

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich, 2 Cor 8:9

That in everything you were enriched in Him, in all speech and all knowledge, 1 Cor 1:5

And in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority, Colossians 2:10

Madman

That is mostly the view in the west, God is Santa Claus, I've been good bring me............

However, that is not so much the view in other regions and in more liturgical denominations. There, God is the creator of all, and worthy of adoration. Worship's soul purpose is to that end, not being "filled" by a good sermon or lively music.

I had a priest tell me one time, "we should strive to live into our baptism". I thought that was an exceptionally deep statement, of course it is determined by our understanding of what baptism does.

1 Peter 3:21

Last edited:

StriperAddict

I agree, many take a Santa Claus approach to their needs and shop on the circumstantial blessing side of christianity. Often faith is seen as a move forward in presumption and makes some people disheartened when expectations are not met, or even deliverance from undesirable circumstances is fleeting. Not all trials have miraculous answers, which is why that when they do they are rightly called miracles. Worth rejoicing, yes. Worth banking our expectations on? ....

A big deal in grace is contentment. Certainly we can make all our requests known to Father, but we do not always know what He is doing and for many of our trials a pleasant outcome seems delayed or doesn't come as we expect at all. The true strength in being content is the wisdom God gives during times of physical lack and other times of abundance.

To further emphasize this point, many of the scriptures that declare us "complete in Christ" are about the spiritual provision of His life within, as well as the provisions of His promise to never leave nor forsake us during times of weaknesses or, heavy earthly trials and temptations. Our internal comforter the holy Spirit is about us growing to know He is with us in all storms. Just like Jesus, storm tossed yet asleep (content, wow) on the sea of Galilee, trusting Father. I sometimes wish for the faith to rest as Jesus did in that boat and not necessarily the "Faith" to see the storm removed. The disciples needed that miracle, it was the right one, right place and right time. Just not a "what would Jesus do" expectation. Paul said when he was weak, then he was strong. God reminded him there's sufficient grace, aka relational generosity, for such weaknesses.

gordon 2

My Christianity is less worldly than yours. I'm a more complete Christian than at least a good half of Christians. I'm half prosperous, half poor, my health could be lots worse and lots better.

I'm just a little worldly 10%, 50% bible believing and 50% Church believing. I'm 110 %.

If my Christianity was a tire it would be a composite three ply with a 60 yrs lifetime warranty and for a little extra 90. (See scripture fine print for detail.)

My Eternal Life sail is name brand original.

My spiritual portfolio is diversified. I ride the lows and highs no problems. I've learned that just one indicator does not reflect much in outlook.

I'm blessed not to be a Christian as they exist in the world ( as described above) , but also as one who does not trust "true Christianity" to be " as in the bible".

I'm so glad I'm not in the worry of this tread, but perhaps I should have my own pain in the side pointed out to me and I could be more regular.

StriperAddict

??? If you could show where my post expressed worldliness it might help.

Might.

StriperAddict