Worst Libertarian Party POTUS Candidate Ever?

Thread starter #1

Paleo

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/johnson-allies-reject-spending-charges?fb_comment_id=fbc_185299924940878_583071_185680901569447

:huh:

Gary Johnson ran a horrible, inept, lackluster vanity campaign for the GOP nomination. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these charges are true. Regardless, he won't be getting my vote if I decide to cast one in the presidential race because of his support for the FairTax among other reasons.

Does anyone know if write-ins for unofficial candidates in GA are tabulated and reported? If I'm going to cast a protest vote I'd prefer it be for the only serious libertarian candidate in this election cycle, even though he is no longer running.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/johnson-allies-reject-spending-charges?fb_comment_id=fbc_185299924940878_583071_185680901569447

:huh:

Gary Johnson ran a horrible, inept, lackluster vanity campaign for the GOP nomination. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these charges are true. Regardless, he won't be getting my vote if I decide to cast one in the presidential race because of his support for the FairTax among other reasons.

Does anyone know if write-ins for unofficial candidates in GA are tabulated and reported? If I'm going to cast a protest vote I'd prefer it be for the only serious libertarian candidate in this election cycle, even though he is no longer running.
You mean the Republican / Libertarian, that was running as a Republican again? :rofl:

Thread starter #3

Paleo

You mean the Republican / Libertarian, that was running as a Republican again? :rofl:
In a perfect world there would be far less difference between libertarians and Republicans than Republicans and Democrats. In our world Republicans would be calling Obama a "conservative" and supporting him whole-heartedly if he had an "R" next to his name and was running against a marginally more leftist candidate with a "D" next to his. Kinda like how they are now backing the Yankee liberal former-governor of The People's Democratic Republic of Taxachusetts::ke:

drhunter1

In a perfect world there would be far less difference between libertarians and Republicans than Republicans and Democrats. In our world Republicans would be calling Obama a "conservative" and supporting him whole-heartedly if he had an "R" next to his name and was running against a marginally more leftist candidate with a "D" next to his. Kinda like how they are now backing the Yankee liberal former-governor of The People's Democratic Republic of Taxachusetts::ke:
This is nonsense.

In the real world there is far less difference between libertarians and Republicans than libertarians are willing to admit. In the real world libertarians would compromise their "all or none" approach and their most outrageous positions in order to work with the conservative base of the Republican party to champion limited government and the other philosophies on which we agree in order to advance the "goalpost" (a little shane lingo for ya') of liberty and let the Devil take the hindmost for the time being.

Instead, the libertarians stick to their hard line positions and refuse to compromise on anything placing them on the outside of the tent in the rain trying to urinate inside the tent against the people with whom they have the most affinity. This renders them combat ineffective and makes them pariahs.

In this country "compromise" is the rule. It always has been. It always will be. You don't get what you want. You get what you get.

Would someone with convictions ever change... who they were going to vote for?::ke: Hmmm... I seem to recall there was no other real candidate than uhh, ummm, ohhh, what's his name?

Ron Paul

In a perfect world there would be far less difference between libertarians and Republicans than Republicans and Democrats.
That would be considered a flawed concept considering that both the Dems and Reps once had each others views on opposing parties. ie, once upon a time the Dems were the Reps and the Reps were the Dems, ergo the existing relational dichotomy that exists between the two parties.

Libertarians are a whole knew/old breed, they just can't consolidate as a party and get their message out. When the Tea Party support system was created the Libertarians missed a prime opportunity to solidify their base and draw a ton of support, but they chose principle instead.

We see how well that has worked out for them over the last 25 years.

Johnson denounced the GOP platform plank against immigration as "racist." That's all I needed to know...

A vote for Johnson worth 10 votes for Comrade Obama.

drhunter1

Johnson may not be the worst LP ever. Bob Barr was pretty bad.::ke:

In any event, he's just another misfit toy in a long succession of them.

There was an epic revelation here. He has "blinders" which, unlike containers for resumes, constitute people who pretend to be closely attached to the constitution and freedom.

In the real world there is far less difference between libertarians and Republicans than libertarians are willing to admit. In the real world libertarians would compromise their "all or none" approach and their most outrageous positions in order to work with the conservative base of the Republican party to champion limited government and the other philosophies on which we agree in order to advance the "goalpost" (a little shane lingo for ya') of liberty and let the Devil take the hindmost for the time being.
Instead, the libertarians stick to their hard line positions and refuse to compromise on anything placing them on the outside of the tent in the rain trying to urinate inside the tent against the people with whom they have the most affinity. This renders them combat ineffective and makes them pariahs.

In this country "compromise" is the rule. It always has been. It always will be. You don't get what you want. You get what you get.
The word compromise to democrats means "you get to agree with what we want since we will never agree with what you want. Also you get to shutup and go away"

PappyHoel

The word compromise to democrats means "you get to agree with what we want since we will never agree with what you want. Also you get to shutup and go away"
Yep

And if the repubs win the presidency, house and senate we will get a whole new health care system. Only difference is the repubs can say they did it. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay. So stupid. No one can tell me why I need the government to be in the middle of me and my doctor.

And for some reason y'all think Romney won't limit your 2nd amendment rights. Another falicy.

At this point I'm either voting for Johnson or not voting at all.

Yep

And if the repubs win the presidency, house and senate we will get a whole new health care system. Only difference is the repubs can say they did it. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay. So stupid. No one can tell me why I need the government to be in the middle of me and my doctor.

And for some reason y'all think Romney won't limit your 2nd amendment rights. Another falicy.

Look up a couple of posts. If you listen to the entire interview and you will find how ill equipped Johnson is. He is an incompetent economic flunky in a economic expert race.
And don't be so upset you ain't in the woods today.:rolleyes:

redlevel

Absolute and utter nonsense.

redlevel

Inconsequential
Irrelevant
Insignificant

SgtPat

Yep

I guess you will show them. Don't complain if you get obama.