Worst Libertarian Party POTUS Candidate Ever?

PappyHoel

Look up a couple of posts. If you listen to the entire interview and you will find how ill equipped Johnson is. He is an incompetent economic flunky in a economic expert race.
And don't be so upset you ain't in the woods today.:rolleyes:
I know, that's why I may just abstain from voting this year. I was on the fence for Romney or GJ, but now I'm just disenchanted.

Maybe I will just vote Romney cause he told a few funnies at a dinner the other night. :)

Signed confused:rofl:

Slewfoot

Yep

Johnson denounced the GOP platform plank against immigration as "racist." That's all I needed to know...

A vote for Johnson worth 10 votes for Comrade Obama.
:cool:

I'd take Johnson over Barr any day. I'd also take Johnson's record in New Mexico over Romney's in Massachusetts any day.

I'd take Johnson over Barr any day. I'd also take Johnson's record in New Mexico over Romney's in Massachusetts any day.
Barr was much worse. Both are recycled Republicans, as the LP tries to gather some national traction.

I do wish they'd invest more energy locally.

redlevel

That's the smartest thing you have said. Build a base. Win some elections. Start with city council, move up to state legislature, then US Congress. Still, though, they would have to come up with a platform that would appeal to more than one-half of one-percent, and they ain't going to do that. They have principles, you know.

Question: How many elections have Liverterrions ever actually won in the US? I don't mean appointed positions, or non-partisan elections.

That's the smartest thing you have said. Build a base. Win some elections. Start with city council, move up to state legislature, then US Congress. Still, though, they would have to come up with a platform that would appeal to more than one-half of one-percent, and they ain't going to do that. They have principles, you know.

Question: How many elections have Liverterrions ever actually won in the US? I don't mean appointed positions, or non-partisan elections.
It will be tough to build a base on,"Leave me alone and let me smoke pot. Alcohol is worse than pot anyway."

It's kind of like that girl in the commercial who got her "French Model" off the internet.::ke:

stringmusic

GON Meatierolajist
It will be tough to build a base on,"Leave me alone and let me smoke pot. Alcohol is worse than pot anyway."

It's kind of like that girl in the commercial who got her "French Model" off the internet.::ke:
Yes, it's much easier to build a base on "big brother .gov will take care of you while growing bigger than ever imagined and stealing your rights while you sheep continue to support us"

Most of the Romney lovers on this forum could make up home plate for that base.

drhunter1

Barr was much worse. Both are recycled Republicans, as the LP tries to gather some national traction.

I wish they would too! But, I don't think thats going to make the LP viable. Especially if they cannot make a splash of some kind. A chicken suit is not neccesary, but someting akin to that.

All for building a LP base and I don't think it is that hard, but takes a lot of coordination. I don't know that much about the inner workings of the Libertarian Party. Perhaps they should pick a few states and pour their efforts into the state legislatures and senates and eventually a governor or two. Gain some credibility and you might start winning some real money support, even if it is all grass roots.

There are some offices that don't require a lot of money to win. Once you win one of those, you tend to get name recognition. Then run for an open seat and who knows. Redistricting made this year the perfect opportunity. How many Internet Libertarians gathered signatures to put themselves on the ballot for the local water district/city council/county commission/state legislator? As for me, I'm planning on moving out of Florida, and will probably be too old by the time I build up a local network where I settle, but I'll still try to stage a run. A former work colleague ran for his city council and won on the first try without any political experience. Just a lot of shoe leather. I'm just tired of hearing all these purists that don't run themselves.

Throwback

? LIBERTAW!!! ?
All for building a LP base and I don't think it is that hard, but takes a lot of coordination. I don't know that much about the inner workings of the Libertarian Party. Perhaps they should pick a few states and pour their efforts into the state legislatures and senates and eventually a governor or two. Gain some credibility and you might start winning some real money support, even if it is all grass roots.

There are some offices that don't require a lot of money to win. Once you win one of those, you tend to get name recognition. Then run for an open seat and who knows. Redistricting made this year the perfect opportunity. How many Internet Libertarians gathered signatures to put themselves on the ballot for the local water district/city council/county commission/state legislator? As for me, I'm planning on moving out of Florida, and will probably be too old by the time I build up a local network where I settle, but I'll still try to stage a run. A former work colleague ran for his city council and won on the first try without any political experience. Just a lot of shoe leather. I'm just tired of hearing all these purists that don't run themselves.
if they did allthat they would be compromising. they want it all or nothing and that means the presidency or tyranny but nothing in between!

T

One hundred years ago, a third-party candidate named Theodore Roosevelt siphoned enough votes from the GOP to inflict Woodrow Wilson on America. His election enabled most of the evil inflicted on America that followed: establishment of the Federal Reserve Bank, the income tax and the creation of the Anti-Defamation League to stifle dissent. World War soon followed.

America never recovered from these blows.

Throwback

? LIBERTAW!!! ?
One hundred years ago, a third-party candidate named Theodore Roosevelt siphoned enough votes from the GOP to inflict Woodrow Wilson on America. His election enabled most of the evil inflicted on America that followed: establishment of the Federal Reserve Bank, the income tax and the creation of the Anti-Defamation League to stifle dissent. World War soon followed.

but hey, at least ROOsevelt didn't compromise on his beliefs. :rolleyes: That's whats important no matter the result.

T

drhunter1

Teddy Roosevelt was a "progressive" just like Woodrow Wilson. He was just fine with that pinhead as POTUS.

I don't know that much about the inner workings of the Libertarian Party.
The inner workings are simple to understand. Every four years they have a fist fight and the last guy standing is the nominee for President. It's really pretty straightforward.:bounce: