Worth trying to use in front of cams?

mtclev5651

Are these pears worth trying to scatter out around my feeders?
I have three trees in my yard full of them!
Thanks yall

Attachments

• 5B039461-3398-4620-B262-EEB00BB30C9F.jpeg
    5B039461-3398-4620-B262-EEB00BB30C9F.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 75

Josh B

I think they will eat them but I don't know if they are going to come in a frenzy. My neighbor has a pear tree and last year I would see deer every evening. Last year I picked up a bunch of apples and put out. Most of them rotted but it's worth a shot.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I do exactly what u are asking , put them around my feeders and not many go to waste , actually none , but coyotes also flock to them

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I will advise anyone with a word to wise when it comes to picking up pears off the ground from underneath a pear tree. You MUST wear very thick gloves!!!!!!

THE FIRST RULE IS: If you are allergic to bee, wasps, and insect stings etc...try to forget about handling pears especially because yellow jackets love them more that apples.

Personally, I would much rather enjoy eating those delicious pears rather than feeding them to the animals etc.

Listen closely from the word of experience.....It is a guaranteed fact that as the pears begin to get fully mature and ripe and you start to think about getting a bucket and start filling it up with those nice juicy pears for whatever use....then without warning, you immediately begin to think about those little blue "V" pills. I think that yellow jacket extract is what the main ingredient in those things. Let me explain a little further.

I remember very well the last time that I had gotten a large amount of "free" pears from a close friend. The entire intent was to make "pear relish" out of all of them. However, as soon as I started picking up the huge pears that were on the ground and putting them into the bucket, YEP, that was when the "V" word was first invented because before I knew it, I had been stung by a couple of yellow jackets and within a few minutes, two of my fingers were triple their size from just a few minutes before.

It got even worse after the swelling went down and I was able to pick the rest of the more ripe pears from the tree as the yellow jackets had descended on most every tree and would actually begin to eat portions of the nice pears while they were still on the tree and I was forced to use those gloves during this entire process. I remember getting stung about more 4 times just during the two days that my Mother and I worked on making 76 pints of this delicious pear relish. That turned out to be our "last batch" as this was back many years ago BUT I remember it like yesterday because of all of the pain involved. I did give several jars of this to close friends etc but we enjoyed the rest of it over several years after being canned as they would last at least 5-6 years. However that last supply has been long gone back 10-15 years or more ago now but the taste of that relish is still fresh in my mind.

Those were some really good years back then but my Mother passed away many years ago and that ended that tradition unfortunately as she never really had a complete recipe written down as such as she just knew from her memory how to do it. I do know that it was still REALLY VERY EXPENSIVE because I paid for the jars and for every ingredient involved even though the friend gave me the pears.

This has been a public service announcement from someone who knows a little about pears and yellow jackets BUT very little about those little blue pills...except that I've heard that they are too expensive !!!! :bounce::bounce::pop::pop:

ps: Ms Keebs is the only person on this earth that can make really delicious pear relish that is so very similar to my Mother.....and people wonder why I LOVE Ms Keebs. (She put the "N" in the word NICE !!!