Wyoming Antelope hunters here?

JohnnyT

Trying to plan a trip to Wy next year for antelope, would like to chat with any of your other Georgia boys that have experience with that, your logistics experience ie. flights, transporting meat,etc back home, drive out is it worth such a long drive for a relatively short hunt, suggestions on areas, etc. I've got only 2 pref points, but may have a private ranch to hunt about 45 mins east of Riverton. Again, would welcome a chat with someone with this experience and knowledge.

Limbhanger2881

PM me. I lived in north west Wyoming for 4 years (just moved back to ga in Jan) and have a lot of experience and knowledge on units.

175rltw

BANNED
Withb2 points in the regular draw you can hunt a pretty reasonable unit without paying extra for private land or the special draw. I wouldn’t waste the money unless the private ranch is the experience you are after. PM welcome

I’ve done it. Drew a unit with 0 points. Flew into Denver and drove up. Camped on BLM. Packed meat into coolers and froze with dry ice. Checked coolers as luggage. Less than 1k dollar trip when you split gas and car rental with a buddy. That was 2014.

Hawken2222

i have been going to Wyoming since 2004, and have We flew the first two trips in 04-05, then started driving out there every trip since then. So far I have been 9 times, 2 trips for elk, one turkey trip, and the other 7 trips were for Muleys and speed goats. Driving in my opinion is the way to go. If you have two or three guys you can drive in shifts and drive straight through, and be there in a little over a day depending on where you are going. It really isn’t bad at all. Plus with driving you can get ALL of your meat back and capes, antlers/horns without worrying about them. PM and I can give you any specifics you want.

drahthaar

I've hunted WY the last two years and got a buck this year. I always drive, with a truck full of dogs and fishing gear and such. Lots of good small game to chase in WY, especially if you time the sage grouse season. It is usually fairly easy to get extra doe tags as well to extend the hunt and amount of meat. Don't believe the haters, lope meat is different than deer but its wonderful.