yaking the flint

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Yes sir! We will actually be starting out on Friday.

I wish I could leave work and head out right now! My only concern at this point is the water being too low.

What type boat will you be using? At the level the river is here, an averge johnboat will be no problem on a drift down. There will be some shoals you will bump through, but nothing serious. The "Horseshoe" weir and Abram`s Shoals will be the two worst. A kayak won`t have any trouble at all. I have the best luck fishing when it`s about like it is now.

I`m talking the stretch from just below Lake Blackshear down to Lake Seminole.

DSGB

What type boat will you be using? At the level the river is here, an averge johnboat will be no problem on a drift down. There will be some shoals you will bump through, but nothing serious. The "Horseshoe" weir and Abram`s Shoals will be the two worst. A kayak won`t have any trouble at all. I have the best luck fishing when it`s about like it is now.

I`m talking the stretch from just below Lake Blackshear down to Lake Seminole.

We will be starting at the Flint River Outdoor Center in Thomaston and floating down to Hwy 19. I will be in a kayak, but my buddy will now be in a canoe since his girlfriend is going.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
We will be starting at the Flint River Outdoor Center in Thomaston and floating down to Hwy 19. I will be in a kayak, but my buddy will now be in a canoe since his girlfriend is going.

Can`t help you there. All I`ve ever seen from north of Blackshear is pictures. Never been on it up yonder. It sure looks good up that way though.

DSGB

Nic, I'd love to get down your way and float it one day.

DSGB

About 15 years ago, a friend and I paddled from Po Biddy Road to Hwy.128 (Crawford/Taylor Co. line. We put in around 9:00 am and took out around 6:30 pm. We were in my 17' Roylex Wenonah Sundowner.

killabig1

I’m looking for a partner to kayak-fish the Flint River. Mainly need someone to share a shuttle and for safety. I’ve fished it many times and can go almost anytime (retired).
PM me if interested.