Yamaha Bruin

Mrbowdeadly

Man alive,

I have seen Bowhunter24 absolutely BEAT a bear tracker (lowest model in yamahas line up) and that thing won't die.

His Grandfather has had the same four wheel drive big bear for between 12 and 15 years and it runs and performs great.

I really love my new bruin, but dont have a history with it yet. I can vouch for the polaris IRS, my straight axle is a kidney beater, BUT yamaha has the new kodiak with the IRS! Also I try to adhere to the KISS method (keep it simple stupid) and polaris has mucho moving parts on their IRS.

Oh yeah, and the dealer offered me the honda for the exact same price, I just chose the yamaha.

This is a subject of heated debate on any forum or website you go to. End result is just to pick what fits you and makes you happy.

MBD

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
I got one of them old cheap yam yams too and she is a 90 model. After ER used her for many years I bought her and she just keeps on going. He has wished several times he had her back.

My beed is with the local theives, i mean dealer in Athesn. They are jerks and charge you 2 prices to be a jerk.. So I just order from the internet and save on price and taxes more than enuff to pay shipping and pat myself on the back every time for not supporting theives.

confederate

Well I went ahead and bought the Bruin. I got it yesterday. I tested it pretty good taking it up some steep long wooded hills at the Club. I think it will do anything 90% of the hunter will ever need. If a hunter hunts in River swamps or like terrain, then they may need a 4 wheel drive. I wanted to get another automatic but didnt want to feel like I was getting less of a machine than my Big Bear which was a 5 speed. I am satisfied that I will be happy with it. As I get more time on it I will let yall know what I think. So far, I really like it. I ordered a special oner sized rear rack for it. I put them on every AtV i have owned. Its really hard to get a Deer on a standard rack by yourself and the Big ones have sides on them so the Deer wont roll off every time you get it on there.

Last edited: