Yard Picts!

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
@TomC those are some beautiful pictures you have posted! Thank you for sharing! I’m brand new at this game so I’m going to ask a rookie question… is your camera set up on a tripod?

TomC

@TomC those are some beautiful pictures you have posted! Thank you for sharing! I’m brand new at this game so I’m going to ask a rookie question… is your camera set up on a tripod?
You don't really need a tripod even with heavy pro lenses for photos but if you plan on doing video a tripod and fluid head is pretty much necessary to get smooth video. A tripod is nice but not a necessity for wildlife / macro / portrait type photo's. If landscape photography is something you are interested in though a tripod is a must have as you tend to do longer exposures.

All of the photos in this thread were taken handheld through my living room or kitchen window so the quality would be MUCH better if there were not a dirty window between me and the critters. I mainly use either a VERY fast 135mm prime or a 200-600 zoom and most are heavily cropped. If you do get into it and wan't really good photos put ALL YOUR MONEY towards the best lenses you can afford.

Last edited: