Yeast infection on Labs skin help

Cool Hand Luke

Have been to the vet and he has been through two rounds of antibiotics, been bathing with teatree shampoo, apple cider vinegar and applying a mix of water and peppermint oil and feeding coconut oil. Starting to lose fur and know it's got to be miserable for him. Lots of little sores and been this way for a couple months. Anyone know any other remedies?
Thank you.

ucfireman

Make sure there is no fleas. I had a cat that was allergic and would pull her hair out and look like mange. Gave cortisone shots for years not knowing what it was. Then used frontline and she never had a problem again. Never knew she had fleas, never saw them on her or the dogs but she apparently would get one every once in a while and cause havoc.

7Mag Hunter

Grain free dog food.....lean protein diet will help starve yeast out..
There is also a product called Dinovite that is added to their food that is specifically
for starving yeast....google yeast in dogs and u can find lots of info....

Last resort is prescription drug called Apoquel that suppresses itch response but has
long term side effects..

Cool Hand Luke

Grain free dog food.....lean protein diet will help starve yeast out..
There is also a product called Dinovite that is added to their food that is specifically
for starving yeast....google yeast in dogs and u can find lots of info....

Last resort is prescription drug called Apoquel that suppresses itch response but has
long term side effects..
Thank you sir!!

Hillbilly stalker

For yeast infections in a dogs ears,I've always used products made for women on them. Works fine , I can't think of any reason it wouldn't on your dogs skin. It's slot cheaper and easier to come by. But I agree he is probally having a allergic reaction to the food.

Donal

Select two treatment sites on the animal. maybe left ear and right ear or such. On one site apply ivermectin paste 1.87%, available at tractor Supply. Rub a small amount of paste into the target area daily.

On one site apply miconazole nitrate cream 4%, available most at drugs stores and some Walmart stores, as Monistat 3 day vaginal yeast treatment, Rub a small amount of paste into the target area daily.

Evaluated and compare the two treatment areas for improvement.
Treat bedding and clothes with an insecticide or replace items.

Cool Hand Luke

For yeast infections in a dogs ears,I've always used products made for women on them. Works fine , I can't think of any reason it wouldn't on your dogs skin. It's slot cheaper and easier to come by. But I agree he is probally having a allergic reaction to the food.

Select two treatment sites on the animal. maybe left ear and right ear or such. On one site apply ivermectin paste 1.87%, available at tractor Supply. Rub a small amount of paste into the target area daily.

On one site apply miconazole nitrate cream 4%, available most at drugs stores and some Walmart stores, as Monistat 3 day vaginal yeast treatment, Rub a small amount of paste into the target area daily.

Evaluated and compare the two treatment areas for improvement.
Treat bedding and clothes with an insecticide or replace items.

Thank you for the info. Merry Christmas

7Mag Hunter

Braggs Apple cider vinegar and water (50-50 mix) also helps in areas where dog licks, such as feet, legs etc...works good to clean ears.....

Cool Hand Luke

Braggs Apple cider vinegar and water (50-50 mix) also helps in areas where dog licks, such as feet, legs etc...works good to clean ears.....

Thank you.
Been using off brand ACV when I bath him with tea tree shampoo. Doesn't seem to be helping yet. Feel sorry for the old feller

tucker80

Switch foods. I recommend Victor. Quality food goes a long way. Treat for fleas.
Use coconut oil. Topical and supplemental on food.

tgc

I had to say this. Rub cranberry juice on it. If you don’t get it ask your wife. ?

Dbender

Glad they figured it out. I hope the prescription works, I'm sure if hair is falling out he prob feels poorly too. Good luck.