Yeller Hunter

Anvil Head

Finished this one up last week. It showed up in the thread on "knife displays" below and some asked I give more details. So here it is.
This one is forged from a chunk of Alabama Forge Damascus that couldn't hide from my hammer. I usually make my own damascus, but not lately. The handle is stabilized burl I got from my buddy Rob Carper (he knew I couldn't resit the yellow). The guard is some Eggerly mosaic damascus. And just for grins I carved an arrow on the spine and tooled the sheath accordingly. Enjoy.
PW 1.JPGPW 2.JPGPW 3.JPG

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That is one beautiful knife. Love the sheath, too.

Hillbilly stalker

Just WOW! You sure have some serious talent and skill. Beautiful knife and sheath.

walkinboss01

Awesome work as usual Carl.

wvdawg

Staff member
Mighty fine!

Head East

Amazing knife. Love the detail on the arrow.

Anvil Head

Thank you everyone. I get a little carried away sometimes with the bling, but have always tried to make sheaths that compliment my knives. Would always prefer to use my own pattern welded steel (damascus), but the shoulder has not healed quite well enough to work a billet down to size. This was a chunk someone traded me several years ago for some hi-grade black locust blanks I'd cured out.
My buddy Rob produces some mighty fine stabilized handle materials and is always tossing something tempting at me when we meet. I don't use a lot of stabilized material - just doesn't go well with most of my knife styles. Kinda like using plastic instead of bone to me, but I do understand why others prefer it.

turkeykirk

That’s nice!

Anvil Head

Thank you.