Yep, coyotes are not a problem...

Thread starter #1

buckpasser

Founder of BB1 productions
Here’s a series of events that I’m piecing together from this afternoon. We’re dead in the path of this tropical storm. These two cams are about 200 yards apart. It doesn’t take much imagination to see what has happened. The interesting part is the fact that he dropped off his kill at the den and immediately went back hunting. There are traps set at both of these cams, and if I catch this guy I will enjoy removing his brains from his body, which is normally an unpleasant part of trapping for me.

Don’t accept the false scientific narrative that coyotes are not a major predator for turkeys! Kill them in spring and summer if you can. Hire a trapper if you can. Show them no mercy if given the chance.

Not sure if it’s a large poult or the mother he’s carrying. I’ll pull SD card and try to find out.

FF86B542-0864-42BA-B0E9-B888B32DCE74.jpeg 08C52779-0809-4C72-8C41-807D6B32BF7A.jpeg 356B884F-0CFF-4ED3-B3A6-B04975940816.jpeg 0A7946AC-BD80-4029-806A-574C86E29DD1.jpeg

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Sort of looks like an adult hen. Time to go vigilante on some more yotes. Had a yote and a fox on the backyard cam last night. It's also proof the original Reveal is better than the X. lol.

Thread starter #6

buckpasser

Sort of looks like an adult hen. Time to go vigilante on some more yotes. Had a yote and a fox on the backyard cam last night. It's also proof the original Reveal is better than the X. lol.
There are some pretty large poults available on the farm, but I can’t argue with you. Looks like mama to me.

Resica

Here’s a series of events that I’m piecing together from this afternoon. We’re dead in the path of this tropical storm. These two cams are about 200 yards apart. It doesn’t take much imagination to see what has happened. The interesting part is the fact that he dropped off his kill at the den and immediately went back hunting. There are traps set at both of these cams, and if I catch this guy I will enjoy removing his brains from his body, which is normally an unpleasant part of trapping for me.

Don’t accept the false scientific narrative that coyotes are not a major predator for turkeys! Kill them in spring and summer if you can. Hire a trapper if you can. Show them no mercy if given the chance.

Not sure if it’s a large poult or the mother he’s carrying. I’ll pull SD card and try to find out.

View attachment 1089593 View attachment 1089594 View attachment 1089595 View attachment 1089596
Den? Shouldn't be denning now. Remove the feeders!!

Thread starter #8

buckpasser

Den? Shouldn't be denning now. Remove the feeders!!
Those are protein feeders and I won’t be removing them any time soon. They are not a turkey attractant in any way. They are most certainly finishing pups in the den right now as well.

Dupree

Those are protein feeders and I won’t be removing them any time soon. They are not a turkey attractant in any way. They are most certainly finishing pups in the den right now as well.
One of my buddies got a pic of a yote a few days ago that was about 12” tall and 18” long from nose to tale. They definitely still plenty of yote pups in dens right now imo.

Thread starter #11

buckpasser

I started nailing roaming pups last year on the farm in August that were about 8-10lbs.